Search results

1. shorecat99

Trouble finding Glacier Bay faucet handle adapters.

I know... Like I said, I go for name brands but it's not for me.. Sometimes we must go above and beyond for family.
  2. shorecat99

Trouble finding Glacier Bay faucet handle adapters.

I like the name brands. My sister is bias toward Glacier Bay for the style but I'm having trouble finding parts. Have shower and sink faucets with stripped handle adapters. I tried H.D. & Lowes. Can find some valve cartridges but not handle adapters. She called the Glacier Bay 800 number...
  3. shorecat99

How do you remove a toilet set in plaster of paris?

I guess I got lucky. Yesterday gave it 2 or 3 rather hard smacks with both hands against the rim and it broke free with the toilet in one piece. Took some tiles with it. Better than leaving part of the toilet on the floor! I really don't know if that was Plaster of Paris or something else...
  4. shorecat99

And, thanks John. I was thinking the rim may be a good spot to give it some strong but cushioned blows. Your comment makes me feel better about trying that. I'll find out on the weekend. Thanks again.
  5. shorecat99

I appreciate your input Gary.. It goes into an old lead bend into cast iron partially set in concrete but I do have some exposure from the basement. Have been researching everything up to driving a donut in the cast iron in case I have to convert to pvc or abs if I have to take it that far...
  6. shorecat99

I did but will try again.. Any particular spot better than others for taking a shock? At the base? The rim? It's a American Standard one piece elongated unit if that makes a difference.
  7. shorecat99

Tried to remove my Mom's toilet to check the wax ring, etc as it was leaking at the floor rear with every flush. I did a couple in my time but this one wouldn't budge. Learned the person who installed it set it in Plaster of Paris. Tried some medium pushes, pulls, shocks with the palm of my...
  8. shorecat99

Natural gas supply pipe size general theory.

Thanks everybody! I learned a lot.
  9. shorecat99

Natural gas supply pipe size general theory.

In considering an upgrade to some of my natural gas piping, I noticed something I would like to understand better. I just bought a new kitchen range,60,000 btu input, but did not hook it up yet as I need to have to have the gas supply moved a couple of feet. It's the end of the run so normally...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks