Search results

1. KansasGuy

Can't fit sink clips on front

I had a guy install new countertop today nd I had a new 22x33 Kohler sink for him to install. When he laid the sink on the counter to measure for the cutout, he said the front edge of the cut would be flush with the inside edge of the sink cabinet frame. He said this would mean sink clips...
  2. KansasGuy

Fernco Wax-Free Toilet Seal

Thanks, Jim.
  3. KansasGuy

Fernco Wax-Free Toilet Seal

Any opinions on these versus regular wax rings? Seems like they should last longer, etc.
  4. KansasGuy

Rheem Fury warranty period

Thanks to everyone. Now I just have to decide if his $900 quote (including new supply ball valve) is reasonable and if a 0.59 "energy factor" is decent.
  5. KansasGuy

Rheem Fury warranty period

Plumber quoted me a 40 gal Rheem Fury which has a 6 year warranty. He said his supply house does not offer one with a longer warranty, which I understand just means a bigger anode. From the forum here, it looks like Rheem is good, but is a 6 year heater good enough or should I look for a...
  6. KansasGuy

Bradford White or Rheem

I notice the poster said "GE/Rheem at Home Depot". Are GE and Rheem the same heater then?
  7. KansasGuy

Sewer line repair or replace?

Thanks HJ for the info.
  8. KansasGuy

Water heater maintenance

I have a 15 yr old Rheem that had the dip tube replaced in 2000. It's been years since I drained it and nothing else else has been done for maintenance. Is there anything I should do now to prolong the life or is it too late and just let it run? (I've read some stories here about people...
  9. KansasGuy

Thanks to all of you. The verdict seems to be for replace vs repair. Can I ask one more? I had a bid for 2600 to replace via trenching vs 3300 for a burst method replace. Other than the surface issues (lawn, etc), is there any reason to spend $700 more for burst? Is a trench replacement...
  10. KansasGuy

I've read tons of info in this forum about main line problems - thanks! My situation is this: I had a backup last week and had the line cleaned out and camera'd. There are two bad clay pipe breaks within 16' of connection to the city (manhole access on my yard) and also a separation of my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks