Search results

1. WellHead

Hand basin causing goop

Hi All, I added a small toilet en-suite to a bedroom and to save space I decided to use a small hand basin that vented into the toilet tank. This all worked well, but now some months later I notice that the waste water and soap is causing slimy goop to form in the toilet tank. I am...
  2. WellHead

Small hose in toilet tank - why?

Hi All, Ooops, sorry, this should have gone in the Toilet Forum. Our toilet tanks have a small hose that runs from the inlet to the overflow tube. I assumed that it was some kind of overflow, but it ain't. I had to replace the flapper and overflow unit and I could not get the plastic ring to...
  3. WellHead

Well done, water hammer

Hi all, New pump is about 10 times faster at filling than the old one and now I have some serious hammer at pump on and off. I did a search here but did not find anything related to pump turn/off one. I am blaming my Search terms more than the Search system. :) I have a WellMate WM-25...
  4. WellHead

Well done, sediment issue

Hi All, The well-guys have just left and I have water aplenty. However the pressure tank has a bucket load of sediment that must be hard caked inside the tank. The old pump was rated at 19-gpm but this 10-gpm is hitting the 50-psi mark in about 1/10th the time so it is stirring up the...
  5. WellHead

F&W Date Code and a hole!!

Hi All, The well guy has pulled the failing pump and it is a 4F19S15301 with a Date Code of 0104. Does this mean it was January 2004? Out of interest, the last pipe with the motor attached had a check valve at the top and there was a penny-sized hole in that pipe. That explains the...
  6. WellHead

GPM rate explanations?

Hi All, I was just looking on Cycle Stop Valve's site and they have a chart for sizing pumps. It shows a residence with the normal complement of water-load, such as laundry, dishwasher etc. For a 1-1/2 bathroom they say I would need a 10-gpm pump. The question is, is that the overall...
  7. WellHead

Confused in what I need for new pump

Hi All, Wow, after reading some posts here am I glad I found you guys. Thank a BIG bunch to Terry for setting up this site and forums. Our well pressure is at 25-psi. We (wife and I) still have enough pressure for showers etc but something needs fixing real soon. The pump is a Flint and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks