Search results

1. david u

polypipe

i'm not sure they are. PVC lasts so much longer than PE, it would be hard to apply study. Thanks for the reply...du I am considering Netafim polypipe, but it is more expensive than some of the other pipe
  2. david u

polypipe

I am in need of brands of 1/2" polypipe that will last 10-15 years. It will be buried, except where the drip emitters are around the pecans. i will need to buy about 18000 feet for 9 acres of trees. Price is important, but quality (value) is more important. Any suggestions??du
  3. david u

Irrigation injectors

Another question for the experts : What type of injector to use? 1)Pump-up sprayer(E-Z Flow) 2)venturi type (Mazzei) 3)Injector type (Dosmatic) Cost is important. Value trumps cost. I will be injecting chlorine & acid into the system, not fertilizer..du
  4. david u

drip irrigation for pecans

Jimbo, you mentioned the rating of the PVC. In real world experience, is it worth the extra cost of Sch 40 to use it on the high pressure side of the system in lieu of the thinner wall pipe. I will have about 4000' of 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" main line and would like to save the money.
  5. david u

Thanks Gary. I actually am having a irrigation designer work on this project, but he isn't involved with the well part of the equation. He just wants to know the GPM of the well..du
  6. david u

Thanks for the replys. Though pump house wil be big, it looks like the pside-kick is the most economical way considering my projected flow rate. Well guy is going to dig Monday 10/18. He likes the CSV(has one on his own well). He uses 2 check valves ( at motor and and at well head) seems there...
  7. david u

What should I expect ?

If this were a typical layout, then additional zones would be more feasible But I am planting trees along a creek in random areas over large distances. That's why I am using a irrigation designer to size the pipe and do a take off...du Thatguy, thanks for the links. I have read everything...
  8. david u

What should I expect ?

justwater, with drip irrigation you have to be able to inject either chlorine for algae or acid for Ca+ buildup. Since I have to use emitters @1-2 GPH. it's pretty easy for them to clog up. If I had more anticipated water flow than 10 GPM, then I would use micro sprinklers. I hope someone here...
  9. david u

What should I expect ?

Thanks for the replys First attempt at image download. Hope it's image code needed. This is diagram of what I would like to do in the well house. Would like critique of layout
  10. david u

What should I expect ?

Thanks for the replys. I am probably putting the cart in front of the horse. I'll just wait until the well is drilled. Then I'll know more , come back here with some useful info & get the resident experts' opinion. I always value an unbiased, knowledgeable source more than a sellers..du
  11. david u

What should I expect ?

Thanks for reply. I don't know the static water level yet. The immature trees will only need about 1 GPM starting off using 1 GPH emitters, but later the well output will not meet all the trees water needs. So, then the pump will have to run continuously for may hours every day..du
  12. david u

What should I expect ?

First time poster here. I am having a new well drilled next week and hope for some good advise. This well will be for irrigating a bunch of young pecan trees. The well guy has dug other wells in the area and believes he'll hit "good" water at 200'. Also will be a 4" pipe and 1 1/2HP pump. He...
  13. david u

First time poster, but have been lurking and find the posters here are knowledgeable. I am having a well dug soon and will use it exclusively to irrigate immature trees. I would like to build a pump house/shed ( 8'x10') with dog house for wellhead. Irrigation guy suggests I will need 1 1/4" to 1...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks