Search results

1. Stude60

Excessive condensate from outdoor Bosch Heat pump

Hello, I am a homeowner that had a Bosch BOVB18 Heat pump installed Monday. This unit replaced a 25 year old Lennox unit. I have noticed the last two mornings with overnight temperature 30 degree's that I have standing water under the heat pump on the concrete. I looked inside of the unit and...
  2. Stude60

Pressure tank gauge drops to zero before pump cuts on

Yes, the nipple was packed full of sediment/rust. I ended up running a drill bit through the nipple.
  3. Stude60

It turned out to be a slow responding pressure switch. Thanks for all the help.
  4. Stude60

Thanks Reach4. Tomorrow I will check air pressure against gauge pressure reading. I will remove pressure switch and check nipple and pressure switch for clogging . I will post my findings.
  5. Stude60

It is a submersible pump. Tank pressure is set at 38 psi.
  6. Stude60

My problem started after I changed pressure tanks, no problems prior to change. This is what happens. When the gauge pressure drops from 60 to 40 psi, right before the pump starts the gauge pressure drops to zero. In a few seconds the gauge starts to climb and shuts the pump off @ 60psi. If you...
  7. Stude60

Getting air in my well water line

Thanks for your advice. As I mentioned earlier, today I have had zero air issues. I am guessing that if the issue was check valve related, it has somehow corrected itself. The line in the well from the pitless adapter to the pump is one year old poly pipe. I suppose it is possible to suck air...
  8. Stude60

There is a second check valve at the tank. The check valve at the tank has been there 31 years. Unfortunately, the check valve is the first fitting attached to the line from outside. It then attaches to a 1"x1"x3/4" reducing tee. The 1" to the bladder tank and the 3/4" is all sweated copper...
  9. Stude60

I have a Grundfos submersible pump that I installed last may. It has a built in check valve, and it has worked fine until yesterday. Yesterday evening my wife tells me she flushed the commode and it sounded as if it was blowing up. She said she flushed it again and got a shot of dirty looking...
  10. Stude60

Professional advice on installing sump pump

I need to install a sump pump. I have lived in this house for 32 years and have been flooded three times since 1997. I had 5 inches of rain yesterday and that was the last straw. I kept watching the basement for water, saw nothing, and then in a flash I was flooded. I have several questions...
  11. Stude60

Replace old galvanized supply line from well

I am not sure if this should be here or in the well section. I will start here. I have a 30 year old 1 inch galvanized water line from my well casing to my house. I just replaced the pump and drop line today using black poly. Now I am looking at the hard job. I have had this idea for replacing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks