Search results

1. Will Rogers Plumbing

New Build, does this look right?

When I was in OKC area, that that of install was normal. The main issues with installing a 3" and doing a combination waste and vent is the kitchen never fully flushes out the 3" pipe. I'd like to see the 3" higher and have a 90 at top with cleanout for better excess in future for clearing...
  2. Will Rogers Plumbing

Gotta get this 1.5” pipe off!

Do like Terry said if your new shower base rough in will work out with out removing trap. Otherwise you will need to remove a bit more concrete to get to the horizontal, cut off cast iron trap, move to correct rough in and install new p-Trap
  3. Will Rogers Plumbing

Plumbing Experts: Choosing bathroom faucets

I'm a Delta supporter. Reliable, repairable, easy to find parts, great warranty, last a long time, best buy for the money.
  4. Will Rogers Plumbing

Upgrade or not to tankless

I install Rheem or Navien and I'm in your area. Navien has the best support in Oklahoma and are the most common installed. They have models with recirculation built in (A models) or cheaper models with out (S Models) There early models had a few issues, but last 5 years or so they have been...
  5. Will Rogers Plumbing

Lookie at this little beauty I took out today

Nice, and that is the reason I don't cook or drink from the hot side of the tap...
  6. Will Rogers Plumbing

Chipped Concrete underneath Closet Flange

Always caulk. Do like the others say and leave the back un caulked. Caulking keeps the toilet from ever rocking, keeps urine from getting under toilet. As for the Rockite, it mixes to like a pancake consistency so it easy to pour but you have to be quick. I use this caulk, in clear...
  7. Will Rogers Plumbing

Chipped Concrete underneath Closet Flange

Using a good caulking when reseting the toilet does do wonders if allowed to cure properly. That is the easy option and will get the job done. A more advanced repair would be to fill void with Rockite. It is an amazing product that will cure insanely fast(like can be drilled in 20-30 min. Here...
  8. Will Rogers Plumbing

Replacing closet flange - damaged drain pipe

Use a inside the pipe cutter to cut pipe square. Looks like you have foam around your 4" PVC riser. Remove enough foam to glue a coupling 4" with new 4" PVC riser to match correct height for new flange. Use a 4"/3" flange. It will glue inside of 4" PVC pipe or over 3" PVC pipe. Make sure to...
  9. Will Rogers Plumbing

What is the best flushing toilet, Toto Drake?

I've had great results with Western Pottery
  10. Will Rogers Plumbing

Kerdi & Laticrete Membranes - Do they play nice together?

I've got a ton of Liquid membrane and Kerdi membrane shower under my belt. Hydro ban is a different animal than other liquid membrane. Can be flood test in 2 hours, requires no fabric(I use fabric at change of planes always even though not required and around where kerdi or hydro ban drain meet...
  11. Will Rogers Plumbing

Recommendations for Tub Surround?

Onyx is a solid surface material that will last a lifetime. Think Corian. Its basically the same product. Cultured Marble is cheaper and softer. Think 1990s, it was the rage then for tub surrounds and countertops. Its still in use today, but more common as bathroom countertop. Main drawl back to...
  12. Will Rogers Plumbing

Recommendations for Tub Surround?

Onyx is a good solid surface product. Cost more than cultured marble, installs same, depending on your budget could be a great option.
  13. Will Rogers Plumbing

Kerdi & Laticrete Membranes - Do they play nice together?

I'd use Hydro Ban. Can fill small cracks on change of planes. Use a fiberglass mesh and thinnest in corners and change of planes for insurance. Then just apply the Hydro Ban liquid membrane as manufacture recommends. The extra cost of liquid membrane is offset by ease of installation. Use a...
  14. Will Rogers Plumbing

Kerdi shower pan and drain over dirt?

You need something structural to install your base on. Fill dirt or sand will not work.
  15. Will Rogers Plumbing

Leaking PEX Fitting

Those Oetiker style clamps can be finicky if not clamped correctly. Should be an easy fix. If it is PEX B any crimp or clamp style PEX connection will work. I'd recommend using Brass fittings not the Poly if using crimp/clamp style.
  16. Will Rogers Plumbing

Broken Sewer Line

I'm a Plumbing Contractor in the State of Oklahoma(Oklahoma's Master equivalent) who specializes in Sewer Service, Replacements, and Repairs. $3900 is not a rip off at all. It would depend on numerous situations that could change the price from job to job. No sewer is the same. There is access...
  17. Will Rogers Plumbing

Running a gas line for gas range....

Main issues from Yellow CSST is issues from lightning strikes and having improperly installed. Example beiling having it installed in direct connect with a metal chimney flue
  18. Will Rogers Plumbing

Running a gas line for gas range....

If your Plumber uses CSST, nothing wrong with it for your application, just make sure he uses either Gastite Flashshield or Tracpipe Counterstrike. Do not allow a yellow CSST to be installed.
  19. Will Rogers Plumbing

Can Someone Explain Navien's "ComfortFlow" Technology?

The internal recirc doesn't do a whole lot. Works quite well though with a return line.
  20. Will Rogers Plumbing

What to Do Once Major Salt Bridging Occurs

Most people do do that unfortunately. They think more salt is better.....
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks