Search results

1. AQBill

Toilet Recommendation

Toto Drake series! I have 4 of them and have had them for 20 years. Most reliable toilet ever.
  2. AQBill

Oh, oh Mexico!

Dear Friends, Just purchased and installed a Rheem RHG PRO50-40F. Decided to go with a conventional unit that has a pretty good reputation - even made in Alabama by an Alabama Company. So far it works very well and the unit seems to be very well insulated. While I was copying down the...
  3. AQBill

Flange Too Tall

Our second-hand home's builder set the 4 toilet flanges to accommodate a 5/8- inch ceramic/marble tile floors. Evidently the original owners experienced some cost overruns and decided to cut corners by opting for 1/4-inch composite tiles. Therefore the flanges are about 3/8-inches above the...
  4. AQBill

Rocky Top - Toilet Floor Spacers

The pipe and flange are PVC. I'd like to avoid tearing up the floors however as that's an expensive and time-consuming job. How far above the floor is the flange supposed to project? Flush with the floor or a little bit above? Toilet floor covers just get me to rugs and such. Can you provide a...
  5. AQBill

Rocky Top - Toilet Floor Spacers

Dear Friends, I'll bet this isn't an uncommon problem. When the house I live in was built, the toilet flanges were set into the floor assuming that 1/2 inch tiles were to be used to finish the bathroom floors. However, the owners - probably running low on money - put in 1/8 inch composite tiles...
  6. AQBill

Flange/Floor Problems

Dear Friends, I'm beginning to think that whoever put the 4 toilets in our 20-year old house took a few short cuts that led to the problems I'm now experiencing. The PVC toilet flanges - about a half inch thick - were screwed in on top of the floor and, therefore, rest about half an inch above...
  7. AQBill

Drippy (Toto) Drake

OK! I'm hoping the 4th time's the charm. The tank attachment bolts now have two sets of washers and I bought a really big Channel Lock (16") to tighten up the flush valve now we'll see what happens! Any advice on trimming up the floor to bowl seam? I've tried the pre-made, folded, adhesive...
  8. AQBill

Drippy (Toto) Drake

So, Redwood, there's supposed to be two nuts and washers on the tank screws... That's not what is shown on the installation instructions nor are there extra nuts and washers with the install kit. Yours does sound like a much better setup and should seal better. Many thanks!
  9. AQBill

Drippy (Toto) Drake

At long last I have bitten the bullet and started replacing my old toilets with some nice Toto Drakes. The first installation went along swimmingly and all was working well until I noticed a drips on the floor immediately below one of the tank connection screws. Well I undid everything and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks