Search results

1. kenfused

How to remove bathroom sink drain collar?

Thanks! How long do pop up drains last? I should be able to get away with just replacing the collar right?
  2. kenfused

Kohler sent me a new flange. I'm replacing mainly b/c the flange has gotten damaged, (chemicals?) so now it rusts even though it is satin nickel finish. The drain and sink are about 8 years old, so I didn't think I'd need to replace everything... (hoping) BTW, this is a dumb question. I'm...
  3. kenfused

actually I was hoping to only replace the collar (as it has become scratched and rusty). I should be able to reuse the pop up drain part and replace the gasket/nut/washer right? (these parts are under the sink right?) only the collar (and putty) is above?
  4. kenfused

How do you use pliers to hold the flange when it is in the sink? Doesn't seem like there is much to hold on to
  5. kenfused

Looking at this diAgram do I have to disconnect the tailpipe too? Sorry for All the questions. I am doing this at a friends house so I am not looking at the pipe at the moment. Also do I use pipe compound to reattach the pipes?
  6. kenfused

Thanks for all the help. I assume I also have to release the part that connects the pop up drain (moves it up and down) before trying to twist anything! Then I (hopefully) remove the old one, put the new one down with a layer of plumbers putty then retighten. If it doesn't come loose, any...
  7. kenfused

Why does my nickel bathroom sink drain have rust around it?

At my house, 2 of the 3 Kohler brushed nickel drain (collar/trim) develop rust. The 3rd one stays clean. What is the cause of the rust? they are relatively new (~7 years) and the sinks are porcelain. Someone was telling me it could be an installation issue, or excess plumbers putty causing an...
  8. kenfused

Thanks. I'm a total newbie. What do I need to hold? hold the drain collar and unscrew from below on the drain body?
  9. kenfused

Hello, is there an easy way to unscrew the sink drain collar without needing to loosen anything from below? If not, If I loosen the main flange (terminology?) under the sink drain from below, how do I get a grip on the sink drain collar on top to unscrew it? Thanks!
  10. kenfused

Should I install Metal or Plastic sink drain??

Drain is in a cabinet, so not visible, but do you think it will wear out? I've never really paid attention to these before
  11. kenfused

Should I install Metal or Plastic sink drain??

Hi, I bought a Kohler lavatory faucet, and it came with a plastic pop up drain assembly Should I go and get one with a metal drain assembly instead? is metal that much better, is it worth $60 more? Thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks