Search results

1. asenk

Nut won't come off pipe after removing shutoff valve

LLigetfa: Sweating? I wrapped a tissue around the nut and left it over night; it is a little bit damp. I m pretty sure i did not over tighten with the new valve on. I dont have two wrenches that so i basically used one hand and one wrench to tighten it. So maybe Someone else told me...
  2. asenk

Spoke too soon. There is a VERY slight leakage. Nothing dripping or anything. The nut will be wet around the bottom after a few hours. I would say less than a tear drop of water. I dont know if maybe i can try to tighten it more or something else? Is there a change the ferrule puller...
  3. asenk

Thanks. THat is what I tried and so far no leaks! Hopefully it stays that way.
  4. asenk

Hi, I'm about to install a new toilet, and I wanted to replace the shutoff valve because its one of those old ones where the tube is part of the shutoff valve. I removed the valve, but the nut wont come off the pipe. What should I do? Should I just reuse the nut? It seems to be the same size...
  5. asenk

Toilet height clearance

If i put in a Ultra Max II which is 28 3/4 in height, how easy would it be to replace parts inside if I needed to one day? Would you say there enough room to do so by looking at the pictures? Why is it the shorter the tank, the more expensive it is?
  6. asenk

gap in seal of kitchen faucet faceplate

If I were to replace the faucet, should I not buy a faucet with a plate deck anymore? Even if my sink is defective, i dont plan on replacing it anytime soon. Seems like the tiles would need to be removed around the sink for this to happen.
  7. asenk

I think you are right. The sink wasn't designed for a faucet with a face plate over it. There is the indentation on both sides. Yes, the sink is a three hole. The previous owner installed this faucet. So I guess i should replace it eventually. Any recommendations? Here is the overall...
  8. asenk

It is a cast iron sink. The faucet is Glacier Bay. Here is a picture. You can see on the left side there is a noticeable gap and the sink surface starts to curve down.
  9. asenk

Hi, I just noticed I have a gap between the kitchen faucet faceplate and the sink top. There does seem to be a black seal around it the whole base of faceplate. So the gap is just between under the rubber seal and sink top. It seems the sink isn't really level at that part for some reason...
  10. asenk

Toilet height clearance

Is there any difference between ultramaxII , supreme II, and drake II besides height? All have double cyclone. Is one the better performer?
  11. asenk

Toilet height clearance

Hi, I have two bathrooms which have a counter that goes over the toilet. See pics.. The height between the floor and the counter is about 31.5 ". I'm deciding on getting Aquia III or Drake II, but it seems like the clearance height is not enough for the Aquia III. The specs say it...
  12. asenk

enough room to install aquia III?

Ah I see. For awhile I thought i had to replace the pipe coming from the wall. What a relief. So I basically have to shut the water to my house, and remove the shutoff valve and the water supply tube that maybe is attached to it. Get a new shutoff valve and tube. Or only tube if i can...
  13. asenk

Hi Terry, Thanks for the reply! I'm not an expert on this by any means. I'm unsure what you mean by the ridged soft copper? Which part is that on the shutoff and why would I need to reposition it? I plan to try to install this myself, but honestly I dont even have my own drill yet.
  14. asenk

Hi, I've been doing a lot of research and I came to the conclusion to get a Toto Aquia III. I really want a toilet that has dual flush so that is one of the main reasons to pick the Aquia. I just looked at my toilet today, and I have a Briggs 4730/4718. Quite old I guess since I can't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks