Search results

1. Kordts

Brazing

Unless it's under a slab it doesn't need to be. Brazing rod is much more expensive than 95/5 or lead free solder. Also it's real easy to blow a hole thru 1/2" or 3/4" with oxy-acetylene. Brazing is pretty much overkill for residential plumbing.
  2. Kordts

Help with proper fittings, pic included

You need a new 3/4" full port female NPT ball valve.
  3. Kordts

For Plumbers:

I wonder what state Megan Lehtonen is a licensed plumber in. What a joke, it makes ashamed to be a UA member, pushing this crap.
  4. Kordts

Shower nipple outlet sticks out too far! any ideas?

What depth did the rough in instructions specify? Have the plumber come back and rough it in where it is supposed to go. Then backcharge him to pay for the tile guy.
  5. Kordts

Minimum pressure test for drain lines ?

Yes, putting paper towels under the joints and then lifting the pipe out of the ditch is the approved method.
  6. Kordts

shower help - can't stop the leaking

Good luck with that galvanised to the tub spout.:eek:
  7. Kordts

Toilet with 18 inch rim height

There is a company that makes bases that seal on the flange, then the toilet seals on the base. You can get to 18" that way.
  8. Kordts

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

Did you put proper pitch or supports on your pipes? Did you make a "s" or a "p" trap? Long sweeps for change of direction? 6" above floodrim before the vents go horizontal? Proper size of pipe per dfu? C/O's at every change of direction? Good luck with that.
  9. Kordts

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

Having a neighbor do your floor and smockmen tell you how kooh up pipes isn't the same as inspection.
  10. Kordts

What is the fair solution?

Was it an installation leak, like a bad solder joint? Or was it defective material? If you supplied all the material, the plumber got no markup to pay for any callbacks. You lose.
  11. Kordts

Drain pipe leak ( see pics) suggestions please

Why didn't you plumb that 2" into the box?
  12. Kordts

Diagnosing an ejector pit problem

I have had vapor lock, but never in plumbing situations.
  13. Kordts

Woodstock 1969 Revisited

Should have sent in the Ohio National Guard in at Woodstock and rousted those hippies.
  14. Kordts

The 2009 pig slop contest begins

I just threw up a little in my mouth.
  15. Kordts

Shower drain P-Trap question

I hate to get involved with this, but I am compelled to say, why does the drain have to go on center? If it's a custom shower, the drain can go anywhere.
  16. Kordts

Drop-In Sink Installation

Lav or kitchen? Stainless or cast?
  17. Kordts

Why won't this connection SEAL?

Please don't do this. It is such a hack way of doing things. Can't you install a dual outlet angle supply stop under your kitchen sink? A better way is to solder a tee in the cold riser under your sink and put a 1/4" outlet supply stop on that.
  18. Kordts

Gooseneck Faucet dripping problem

"To the rest: First, I am a retired telephone installer - so keep your attitude and discrimination towards others you perceive to be different from you (ie: perhaps having more money or being a snob) where it belongs as I was "one of you" and it's demeaning to those in the trades. I said that...
  19. Kordts

Gooseneck Faucet dripping problem

Wow, what a nerve, coming on to a plumbing website, getting free advice, and then ripping on plumbers. I really hope you paid a lot of money for those junk faucets.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks