Search results

1. R

Need help moving toilet a few inches

Thanks Terry. Yeah I figured out it was lead. I've been trying all day to get the lead out of the hub. I've tried hammer and small chissel. Stuck a 1/4" drill bit in and reamed out large sections. Used a pick to poke and scrape at it. After all that I've beaten my hands to death and don't...
  2. R

Another question according to TX plumbing code section 705.16.4: Is that donut considered a mechanical compression joint? If not I guess it won't be up to code and I will have to call in a pro to do the job. Edit ok nevermind I think I found the answer to be yes its a mechanical...
  3. R

I think I've figured out based on the dimensions from Charlotte pipe what should work almost exactly. Cast Iron Hub to Fernco 4x4 compression seal P44U-405 P44U-405 to 4x3 Bushing from CP PVC 107 Bushing to approximately 4" to 4.5" of 3" PVC pipe CP PVC 4300 PVC Pipe to 3" PVC 45deg...
  4. R

Thanks both of you, I definately am not comfortable working with cast iron and lead joints. The pipe is very close to the floor level but I think I have enough room to work. I will be laying 3/4" T&G over the joists and building up the current dropped planking to be level with the joists to...
  5. R

I am retiling the bathroom floor of a 1950s small bath. In the process I was hoping to move the toilet away from the corner a few inches. Currently the rough in is only 12" from the outside wall. It is 4" cast iron pipe. I know 15" is the minimum clearance for current code and the bathroom...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks