Search results

1. oceanjunkie

Adding an old hot water heat tank to baseboard zone

WOW, that was an awesome reply. Thank you! I don't know why I didn't receive a notification that you replied, but I am just seeing this almost 1 year after it was posted. I still have the tank in my basement and I'm still considering this project, even more so now that I saw your reply. We...
  2. oceanjunkie

Adding an old hot water heat tank to baseboard zone

I had a drainback solar hot water system installed and running for a while, but due to a recent renovation I took it down and don't plan to put it back up. I still have the 120gal drainback tank sitting in my basement. It is designed similar to an indirect fired hot water tank, except the...
  3. oceanjunkie

questions about adding indirect

Thanks Dana. You really threw a wrench into the mix there. I'm trying to get a good understanding of what you're suggesting, starting with the HW+ controller. This looks like something that I could do myself, and doing some research online it seems this thing isn't a gimmick. Coincidentally...
  4. oceanjunkie

Thanks Jim. I turned up the aquastat to 130/160 until I could locate a manual for the boiler online. The estimate I got for adding the indirect included a mixing valve. Right now the tankless coil has a gate (or globe?) valve between the inlet and outlet which I think is supposed to act like...
  5. oceanjunkie

I have a 30yr old peerless oil fired boiler, single zone hydronic heat, 5gpm tankless coil setup in NY. We've been in the house for 2 yrs now and so far so good. We are looking into adding a 30-40 gallon indirect in order to improve the efficiency of our system. I having trouble getting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks