Search results

1. M

Flooring options for basement

Good reminder about the poly facing. There didn't seem to be any facing on these Dow XPS boards. In case anyone's tracking prices, I paid $20/board for a big stack of 1.5"x4'x8' boards. One more materials question: I'm not confident that any of seam tapes I've read about are long-lasting or...
  2. M

The internet is so great the for entire sport of DIY home remodelling. Anyway, no sealer on the walls, again because I want to let it keep breathing. Regarding air gaps, absolutely understand. Got plenty of cans of spray foam ready to go. On the other hand, for the floors, I don't really...
  3. M

Thanks for the response, and especially the temperatre analysis. I do have extensive downspout revisions, and an interior footing drain with sump. So although there's no such thing as a guarantee, all the usual sources of liquid moisture are cured. The efflorence comment just goes to how damp...
  4. M

Follow up to wall discussion This has been a fantastic thread for me as well, since my basement project is very similar to pmayer's. But I have an additional concern I haven't heard the answer to. I have a 1938 1-story w/ unfinished basement in Seattle. I too am planning to use XPS against...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks