Search results

1. mizrachi

Shower pressure, relocated pipes, booster

The water pressure in our shower on the top floor of a three family house is so light it's almost unusable. The 2nd and 1st floor apartments have decent pressure and their showers are located on the same walls in their bathrooms. Our shower is on an adjacent wall, so it seems that the pipes...
  2. mizrachi

Not loving the Drake

Am I the only one here who doesn't *love* his Toto Drake? I find that I'm constantly having to clean the back wall and the underside of the seat. The flushing power just does not remove all residue. Perhaps it's because I didn't buy the elongated bowl. Who knows? But is there a way to...
  3. mizrachi

$10K in damage so far...HELP NEEDED PLEASE!

I live on the first floor of a four story 80 year old Brooklyn apartment building with (most of) the original 2 inch cast iron drain and vent pipes. Twice in the last three months and once two years prior an obstruction (or gunk buildup) has stopped up the kitchen drain line, somewhere between...
  4. mizrachi

What size (BTUs) air conditioners should I buy for my (sort of) open layout apartment

Our apt has an identical layout to this apartment, though a few feet bigger in all directions, and a pass-thru section between the kitchen and the living room. Our plan is to install 2 window ACs, one in the BR and one in the LR. The LR AC will need to compensate for the kitchen pass-thru and...
  5. mizrachi

How can I vent a bathroom exhaust fan out of the window without it looking hideous?

I can not break the outer wall. I must vent thru the window. I'm considering either an in-window fan, like this one, but am unsure how to run power to the fan while still allowing the window to operate, or a traditional ceiling fan, running the duct work above the ceiling and out the window...
  6. mizrachi

An alternative to Toto's Soft Close seat?

I'm considering a Drake, with the round bowl in cotton white, and am looking for an alternative to the soft close seat that matches in color and fit. Any suggestions? Also, if I do decide to go with the soft close lid, can one stand on it while it's closed? We have a tall cabinet behind the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks