Search results

1. jsarin1

Replacing rusted drum trap with pvc ptrap.

I'm installing a new tub and removing an old drum trap. I'll be replacing the galvanized piping with 2in. PVC/P-Trap using a shielded Fernco between the new and old work. The pipe to the main drain line is higher than the drum trap, about 2" below the plywood floor above. The bottom of the...
  2. jsarin1

Wiring Bathroom Fan

Can someone explain how to wire a bathroom fan using the wiring from a standard outlet? Attached is a photo of the outlet's wiring. I believe the clump of white wires together is neutral and the black is hot. There are also a blue, red, and another white that connect in the box that I...
  3. jsarin1

Furnace will not light

I have a tempstar furnace with a honeywell smartvalve system. The ignitor will not get red hot to light the furnace. I replaced the thermocouple/ignitor with an equivalent one (Honeywell Q3400A1040 Replacement Ignitor) and it still did not light. Then I suspected a gas supply problem. When I...
  4. jsarin1

Water Softener On = No Pressure, Bypass = Normal Pressure?

I just replaced the media in my water softener with a standard resin and amount as suggested by the supplier. After reinstalling the softener I am getting no pressure at all to my house. When I bypass the the softener, I get normal pressure. I have manually regenerated twice without any...
  5. jsarin1

New tub/shower trim and valve...now tub spout only drips...

I finally finished sweating the valves and lines together in my bathtub project. Problem now is I'm not getting water! With the valve trim fully open it is only giving me drips out of the tub spout. I've provided pictures of what I've got. I installed two shut-off valves and two 90 degree...
  6. jsarin1

Rough Plumbing for Delta multiple shower heads in Tub/Shower?

I am installing plumbing in my bath to include two showerheads instead of 1. I have attached 2 diagrams of how the lines will be setup. Does this look ok to you guys? Will there be any problems I should consider with this setup? The dotted line represents copper line I am running above the...
  7. jsarin1

Silicone Coulping to PVC Male Adapter?

I have a tub drain installed to 1.5" PVC Male Adapter via a 1.5" silicone flexible coupling. It is tightened down well enough to where it is not leaking. I filled the tub to capacity and allowed it to drain and still there are no leaks. Will this setup hold-up well over time? I included a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks