Search results

1. D

Cannot remove shower valve stem - no bonnet nut, only threads?

It's hard to see in the photo, but there's no larger hex. I can clearly see where the thread starts... I had never heard or read about a valve stem that comes out through the packing washer. So, that's a real thing? Should I pry out the packing washer first? I kind of poked at it when I had the...
  2. D

I did, but since I didn't want to break anything I didn't use too much torque once I got it to the full "open" position. In terms of unscrewing the assembly further - I have been unable to find any way to unscrew it at all... that's my question. What should be happening when I open it all the...
  3. D

I'm trying to replace the washers on a leaky bath/shower faucet. I've never done this before, but reading many guides online I understand the basic procedure. After removing the handle, the only nut I can see is the packing nut. I was able to remove it, but obviously, that didn't free the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks