Search results

1. RenePF

Tub Drain Retrofit

I am replacing an old cast iron with a 5 foot soaking bubble tub. I want to include a shelf on 3 sides (rear, wide side, front). Shifting the tub 6 inches forward to allow for the rear shelf makes lining up the drain difficult. The drain opening sits just about over the existing drain stub...
  2. RenePF

Soldering threaded fittings

Thanks, Basement Lurker. This is what I thought as well. Any suggestions? I am not a fan of the Sharkbite solution. What a couple in the middle?
  3. RenePF

Soldering threaded fittings

I am pretty good with solder, but I am concerned about sweating a short section (6 inches) of copper between a shower value and diverter where there are threaded fittings on both. (I soldered the valve side fitting before turning it down to avoid cooking the valve.) How do I protect the teflon...
  4. RenePF

Building New Shower Pans

I just put in a TileRedi prefab tileable pan. Like Kerdi. Expensive ($600), but no worries about leaking into the condo below me. The hole in the floor doesn't need to be that precise, as the pan covers a variety of sins.
  5. RenePF

Slip Nuts vs. Welded PVC

Thanks to all the responded. I think I am going to try the pvc weld path. I feel more confident in it. I have existing brass parts and may combine it with Fernco rubber adapters and pvc. Okay?
  6. RenePF

Slip Nuts vs. Welded PVC

I am replacing a bathtub. The typical drain assemby uses slip nuts rather than solvent welded PVC pipe. It seems to me that welded PVC would be a better and more reliable method. What is recommended and why.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks