Search results

1. Dave D

Submersible well pump sizing

noone has any thoughts on this?
  2. Dave D

Submersible well pump sizing

I am replacing the two pipe jet pump I have now with a submersible pump at our home. It is a 60' cased well in a pit. I will be adding a pitless adaptor and a well extention to bring it above ground. Ive read a lot about sizing the pressure tank for draw down and pump cycling etc so Im pretty...
  3. Dave D

Plumbing Roof Vent Mods

Anyone have thoughts on this?
  4. Dave D

Plumbing Roof Vent Mods

I have 60 year old home with only one roof vent for the entire house. All the waste lines collect into one 4" vertical iron pipe line, in the basement, run horizontal (with pitch) then exit thru the foundation to the septic tank. Some previous owner added PVC to the top of this line and vented...
  5. Dave D

What to put under my bathroom tile??

In such a small area I'd use a piece of 3/8" cement board with the manufacturer's recomended bonding agent and grout.
  6. Dave D

Large Tub Setting bed

What type of mortar are you guys using to set large tubs in? The manufacturer is calling for a mortar bed and I want to be sure I use the correct type. The tub is 3x6 with jets and reheat function. Dave
  7. Dave D

How to Construct a Solar Water Heater

Ive done a lot of researcha and spoken to local Mech Engineers we consult with and the concensus is tehy just don't perform in our climate UNLESS you have a serious amount of byproduct heat you are trying to deal with and can use. There is a building here in Portland that uses the mechanical...
  8. Dave D

My goal all along has been to reduce my electric bill for hot water as we have an electric 80 gallon tank. Its already runng about 125 degrees insulated and has a time clock. My electric bill has been tweeked to about as low as i can get it. If i can preheat water and not rely and cut down...
  9. Dave D

Doesn't matter how old his Pex project is, it works, and it works well. Its also very easy to reproduce and up size or down size depending on ambition. Ive built a test panel like Gary's with Pex with the exception, I use a flat sheet of poly carbonite. I will be tesitng it thru the winter...
  10. Dave D

Tell that to Gary who heats his house in a harsher climate than Maine or Mass with all kinds of collectors including Pex-al-pex collectors. The lates project linked below is amazing with all the charted graphed info you can fit in your brain...
  11. Dave D

Jet Pump and my new to me house...

Thankyou guys for your replies. Sounds like replacing the system with a submersible pump makes the most sense. I appreciate your time and expertise. Dave
  12. Dave D

Jet Pump and my new to me house...

Hello everyone, I have a dilemma I need help with. We bought our house last year, it is roughly 50 years old and has a cased drilled well I am told is 60 +/- feet deep. On the floor in our basement is a J5 Goulds pump 110v with a two pipe kit going into the well. I assume that there is a deep...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks