Search results

1. Mastiff

New Kohler Wellworth leaks at tank when flushed

Yeah, it's just plain rubber, sort of cone shaped 1/8" thick at best. I'm used to the spongy kind where you are noticeably compressing them. I torqued it way more than I thought appropriate and it's not visibly leaking, but I'm not super confident. Don't think I'll buy Kohler in the future...
  2. Mastiff

New Kohler Wellworth leaks at tank when flushed

Guys, I'm pulling my hair out. I've had the tank on and off a few times, torquing the three mounting bolts like crazy and it leaks quite badly where the tank meets the bowl. Only when flushing, so it's the main seal. Any ideas what to look for?
  3. Mastiff

Is a float and stop valve required in brine tank?

Indeed, I learned the same lesson. I'm not sure how they intend people to do it, but I manually step through the cycles to the fill stage once to get it primed. In my experience, it's a slightly flawed design due to how unforgiving that check ball is. It can't self prime, and even the most...
  4. Mastiff

Thanks. I see where I can change that. It's more likely related to not drawing it all out though. All my problems seem to stem from small air leaks causing the brine draw to stop early.
  5. Mastiff

The thing I have is a contraption and it both stops the system from sucking air and also has a float that shuts a valve when the water gets too high. The main controlled has a check ball in it anyway, so I'm not concerned about sucking air. Should there be a setting for the duration of brine...
  6. Mastiff

The various valves and floats and such in the brine tank have been a source of unreliability for me, and I was told that all that stuff is really optional, only there as a backup. The controller itself has a check ball to prevent sucking air, so the only other thing is preventing overfill of...
  7. Mastiff

Autotrol 255, code 2400?

This controller lost it's way temporarily and gave an "err3". I learned that the optical sensor can be confused by being in direct sunlight, and it eventually got re-oriented after I put the cover on. During the confusion, it kept displaying "2400" on the screen, and it still does now even...
  8. Mastiff

Possibly dumb bypass valve question

Well, it's a Pentair 255 valve, does that help? I had it like in shut off mode in your pictures, when I was surprised to still have pressure. But perhaps the valve I have has something similar to the diagnostic mode you show, even with the valves configured as shut off mode?
  9. Mastiff

Possibly dumb bypass valve question

My softener has a bypass valve on it which consists of two valves that (I think) each can either direct flow to the softener (in and out) or toward each other. Normal bypass operation would be to turn both valves to bypass. The thing that is confusing me is that I turned only the input valve...
  10. Mastiff

Toilet not flushing reliably, clogs frequently

There is one toilet in our house that simply doesn't flush very well. When flushed it fills very full and then most of the time "catches" and the water sucks down as normal, but sometimes does not. When it doesn't I can wait a minute or two and the level drops and it can be flushed again...
  11. Mastiff

Softener brine tank tubing woes

I ended up buying a 3/8" quick connect and it seems totally indestructible. No way that can come apart.
  12. Mastiff

Thanks. I'm sure the tubing is the right size, but it sounds like I ought to have an insert in any case. I'll start there.
  13. Mastiff

Can you explain how it self primes? The check ball seems to be on a hair trigger to drop if there is any air in the line at all, so it's hard to see how it could suck in a tube full of air and keep going under any circumstances. But yes, the pickup assembly has been problematic from day one...
  14. Mastiff

In my case, everything is plastic - the tubing, the nut, the fitting the tubing is going into, etc. The compression part is built into the nut. Does what you are saying still apply in that case?
  15. Mastiff

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help with this, but I'm pulling my hair out with this thing. A few things are happening, first the tubing to the brine tank keeps separating at the place where it connects into the float assembly in the tank by the plastic compression nut thing. I've...
  16. Mastiff

Weird toilet issue

Thanks for the help. So far I just drained some water from the heater. A few beads came out, then clear. I'll go back and do a more thorough job, just in case.
  17. Mastiff

Weird toilet issue

Okay. Mystery solved. Only one inside faucet was unaffected, outdoor faucets unaffected. Anyway, I saw this weird stuff in the toilet tank and the answer was there. It's resin from the water softener. The softener must have failed and all the little beads have contaminated the system...
  18. Mastiff

Weird toilet issue

I posted misleading information. It turns out that the other faucets in the house are not working, at least not all of them. They had enough pressure to run for a little while, then all fizzled out - except one. So the situation is that the toilet can be made to work by cycling the supply and...
  19. Mastiff

Weird toilet issue

I'm still poking at this one, but wanted to get the question in to you guys. Here's the symptom: If I flush the toilet, it barely fills, at a trickle only. If I turn off the water supply and turn it back on, it starts filling like a champ. It appears to do this every cycle. When it comes...
  20. Mastiff

Pentair 760 question

Thanks. I think I found a similar thing. It was blinking and a single press made it stop. I'm wondering if it has to do with the power being interrupted. We had the power go out briefly recently. I sent a question to pentair customer service but have not heard back.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks