Search results

1. mradtke

Refinish or replace cast iron tub?

Removal is the easy part Joel, The best way to remove a cast iron tub is to put on your safety glasses and break it up with a sledge hammer. You'll still have to carry the pieces down the stairs though. 30 years ago, I replaced a 30 year old cast iron tub with a steel one. The old cast...
  2. mradtke

New Tub Drain Won't Shut Off

Brass Works Hello, Well, I had more difficulty intalling the brass unit ... things didn't exactly line up and its slightly larger size required me to do some cutting. But, it works and that's what counts. Thanks for your comments, Mike
  3. mradtke

Thanks for your replies. re: jadnashua: I think that this is the way all of this type work, whether they are plastic or brass. My family prefers this type of drain over the the ones that look like a large sink popup drain and they prefer the trip lever rather than directly manipulating the...
  4. mradtke

Defective Steel Tubs

re: e-plumber: Thanks for your note. That full inspection requirement may seem like a pain, but I now appreciate its value. re: hcj: Thanks for pointing out that things could be worse. I just don't get the economics of a store mishandling stock. Thanks again folks, Mike
  5. mradtke

Defective Steel Tubs

Hello, I decided on a new steel tub: 1) Lowes: Got the tub home and found damage on the corner. The box warned about handling to prevent corner damage. 2) Lowes: I had an employee inspect the tub for corner damage and he pronounced it perfect. I got the tub home and found damage on...
  6. mradtke

Hello, I searched the forum and can't seem to find where this has been discussed before. If I missed it, just please reply with a pointer. I just installed a new tub. After some consideration, I decided to use a Watts brand ABS drain unit. It is a trip lever type with an internal...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks