Search results

1. gdgraham

Geothermal heat pump

Quote - "I had thought about a geothermal system, probably the cheapest, is a rectangular hole. You dig down 6 feet maybe 12 by 24 foot trench. You just layer the bottom with plastic piping, and fill her up with dirt. Done. I'm sure the the location and terrain will determine the efficiency."...
  2. gdgraham

Geothermal heat pump

I agree with your setup as that is how we generally install our units unless space or money is an issue. Here in Canada they work great in the winter even with one tank as the desuperheater will generate heat while the heat pump is heating your house all through the frigid night.
  3. gdgraham

Question: Geothermal Vertical Closed Loop

I agree with gator regarding a contractors willingness to take on your job. Sounds like not much profit an lots of risk for the contractor. I don't think you mentioned where you are located? Do you have enough land for a horizontal loop? We typically install one 600 foot roll of 3/4" pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks