Search results

1. Daler

Street supply leak..

Thanks for the compliment. I too thought of doing the sand thing, but I ended up just putting the excavated dirt back into the hole -- no sand. The dirt was mostly free of rocks. The PEX is well supported and protected within the trench. The meter box was then half-filled with some shop...
  2. Daler

Street supply leak..

Ok. Well thanks for the support. Finished the job yesterday. Took about an hour. Much cleaner look now too. Cut out all the original junk including the seized gate valve. Used combo of 3/4 copper type 'L' and a straight coupling/splice with a 3/4 copper stub to accept the Sharkbite --...
  3. Daler

Street supply leak..

So for putting it all together for whatever way I decide, is it still legal in most places to use unions? I can definitely see a good reason for them. And must high-percentage silver solder be used, or just regular lead-free stuff?
  4. Daler

Street supply leak..

Dang! I was into the hardware store this morning picking up everything I would need and other parts just in case of change of scenario. Forgot a sharkbite slip/slide.
  5. Daler

Street supply leak..

Not familiar with your (4) 90's idea -- like a zig zag? If that's the case, I would hesitate due to even more locations for constant friction. Are you able to illustrate what it might look like? After the photo was shot it was dug back as far as possible (just under the concrete driveway). So...
  6. Daler

Street supply leak..

We have a recently discovered problem with a leak in our supply line from the meter box. Got home from a trip and saw water flowing across our driveway. Dug up the line and also found the installers (from 40 years past) had kinked the copper so they could get the correct angle into the meter...
  7. Daler

Bathroom skylight dilemma

Need some feedback about installing an exhaust fan in a skylight. The large skylight is shared directly above two shower stalls and so I need something that will rapidly take the moisture away from the light well. Our HRV vent that's mounted in the skylight now is not sufficient to...
  8. Daler

Ensuite dilemma

This threat ain't going anywhere -- I'll look someplace else. thx for participating anyway :rolleyes:
  9. Daler

Ensuite dilemma

10. Daler

Ensuite dilemma

11. Daler

How to connect my reno drains?

Yuk! Re-venting above the floor could be a big wreck of the wall above, especially when it houses the old current in-use shower stall. And no, there is only a shower against that wall, no lav. So, looking back at the photo, in your opinion was the original tub trap arm installed wrong...
  12. Daler

So, it seems the current old tub trap arm (the one that's disconnected in the photo and temp plugged with a plastic rag) config in the photo is incorrect, even with that stack vented? With my mod, can I satisfy the problem by doing this? -- cutting most everything off from the floor down to...
  13. Daler

I'm not a plumber and drew the schematic as best as I could aim for, given the existing structure. Have you looked at the photo of my current configuration? Have you read my discription? The existing vent is at the top of the stack as it goes into the subfloor. In Canada (and my local code)...
  14. Daler

Thanks for your reply. I tried to explain my plan as easily as possible. But here is a drawing of what I want to do. You may be able to compare that to the photo. I figure that keeping the stack the way it is, but of course cutting off all the trap arms and capping them, this will...
  15. Daler

My 'big picture' involves making the ensuite bath a tad larger by stealing room from the adjacent main bath. In the process we will also enlarge a bedroom closet. The first project will be taking care of the main bath, while maintaining use of the existing ensuite shower, etc. The old...
  16. Daler

My new small bath project(s)

Plumbing waste and vents have always been a problem for me to get my head around. Perhaps you can help me? Canadian codes may need to apply here. The 'big picture' involves making the ensuite bath a tad larger by stealing room from the adjacent main bath. In the process we will also...
  17. Daler

Drainage dilema

Our 30 year old rancher sits on a level but graded lot. Over the past couple seasons we have noticed that the 3’ crawlspace seems damper and mustier than in past years. On the CS wall closest to the street there lies the perimeter drains along with a lateral drain to the street storm drains...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks