Search results

1. riddick021

New Electric Water Heater: 1 Large 220v or 2 30 Gallon 120v

Reasonable timeframe for me would be within 10 years. We have a crawl space and the gas pipe would need to be run about 15 feet with about 5 elbows. The vent pipe would need to go through 7 or 8 joists to reach an outside wall if using PVC pipe. I already have power at this location and would...
  2. riddick021

New Electric Water Heater: 1 Large 220v or 2 30 Gallon 120v

Looking to install a new water heater for my 1000 sqft 2 bathroom home with 3 adults. No gas pipe near by and limited space for required clearance anyway. I've been reading a number of threads about 1 large water heater vs 2 smaller ones. I think most of these threads assume the same heating...
  3. riddick021

Wet Venting

Thanks guys I will try and be more specific and will post a more detailed picture tomorrow. I live in Westchester county, NY if that helps. I have two more questions. Can a wet vent have changes in direction? I'm planning on doing it like in the drawing most likely with a long sweep...
  4. riddick021

Wet Venting

Anyone out there have an opinion on my design?
  5. riddick021

Wet Venting

I been doing some more reading and it appears my drawing is not quite right. Only the path of the lav drain is the wet vent and should be the only drain thats dotted. The pipe from the bt and wc to the wet vent are trap arms. So does this mean the distance I need to measure to is from the bt...
  6. riddick021

Wet Venting

anybody know?
  7. riddick021

Wet Venting

Does anyone know the maximum developed length of a wet vent? I'm in NY under the IPC. I'm having trouble trying to dry vent my tub as its a clawfoot and so there's no for me to send a vent through. There are walls nearby but not in the path the drain runs to reach the stack (the wall directly...
  8. riddick021

Trying to plumb my way out of a money pit.

Yes a stack vent is the soil/waste stack above the point where the highest fixture connects. A vent stack is dedicated stack for venting purposes. I've seen several diagrams where a vent stack will connect to the stack vent before it penetrates the roof but never the other way around. I'm...
  9. riddick021

Trying to plumb my way out of a money pit.

I have a pretty good feeling I'm going to get a few "your better off hiring a qualified plumber" comments. To that I have to say... your absolutely right and I wish we had. However, things didn't work out that way and after all the money that has been wasted on the low bid contractors my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks