Search results

1. Sparky

Hotpoint gas water heater

Thanks for the help The water heater is being returned to Home Depot and they are providing him with a new one, I told my neighbor to have Home Depots plumbing contractor install this one and then in the future it is all their problem for warranty on site. Home Depot agreed to this and are...
  2. Sparky

Thanks jimbo, it is under warranty the owner wanted to make sure that it was a problem with the HWT before tearing it out and returning for warranty, we did take the screws out of the burner cover and pulled it out about an inch, the burner then works fine, when the burner is put back it dies...
  3. Sparky

Replace 1982 Water Heater

If you are going electric your 100 amp service is sufficiant, most 30 - 40 gallon electric HWT have 2 - 3000 watt elements that flip/flop so only one is on at a time, that is when the top heats up it flips to the bottom element until the bottom t-stat is satisfied then shuts off. A 3000 watt...
  4. Sparky

No heat upstairs

If you have a zone valve that is opening check if there is an end switch ( a set of contacts that close when the zone valve is wide open ) There will be 2 wires off this end switch back to the pump control. Some systems are set up this way.
  5. Sparky

Hotpoint gas hwt won't stay lit?????? my neighbor has a new ( 2 months old ) Hotpoint 40 gallon gas hot water tank, my question is that with the new FVIR technology does the combustion air get shut off if the flame burns outside of the combustion chamber, his HWT will not light, the pilot is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks