Search results

1. paul06

Do I have an accident waiting to happen with my well motor

Information from "Water Well Record" from the SC dept of health & environmental control Bureau of Water: Well depth: Casing goes down from 0 to 160 ft. PVC Static Water Level: 120 ft. Screen: .012 PVC length; 20 set between 160 & 180 ft. Filter; 150 ft to 180 ft Grouting...
  2. paul06

Ok, but I will wait until it quits on me. Do yoiu mean by your phrase "getting tired" meant it was slowing down and might take awhile. I know that is impossible to answer. What is my next move? Do I wait and call a wellman when it quits. Do I buy a motor myself and have a wellman install it? I...
  3. paul06

testing amp draw With pump/motor running. Red = 1.33 amps Black + 12.3 amps Yellow = 12.3 amps
  4. paul06

The more I thought about it, it did not make any sense, so I went out for a third time. This time I got an average reading if 55 m ohms. The readout never did come to rest, it kept jumping around. I am going to take this meter back and select a different one, then try this again. Paul
  5. paul06

Winding Resistance: Y to B = 2.5 ohms Y to r = 9.2 ohms Insulation resistance: r to grd = 45 m ohms b to grd = 46 m ohms y to grd = 46 m ohms [ the first time i took those readings earlier i got readings 0f 81, 81, and 78 not sure why that was]]
  6. paul06

Thanks, I will go for it. However when I set out to do this deed, I checked the voltage at the pressure switch; it was it has been lately. I shut off the pump at the curcuit breaker. Rechecked the voltage. Surprise! It did not read 000. I checked it at the pressure switch. Although it was not...
  7. paul06

I am getting ready to test the winding and insulation resistance. After turning the pump motor off at the main well box, it says to set my meter on " R x 100K for insulation and R x 1 or 10 for the other test. My digital meter does not give me that option. I wonder if the readout will...
  8. paul06

I love this discussion as it is telling me a whole lot. None of this has been lost on me. However, there are a few things I must do before I address these great comments. 1. Re-adgusted the high pressure setting from 68psi to 60psi. 2. rechecked the tank pressuse which gave me a reading of...
  9. paul06

Interesting theory. If I may ask! How do I "Valve down the outflow to 1 GPM" I can hold the pressure switch closed as I see the plate the opens and closes. I can do the amp check from the pressure switch or control box [does it make a difference? Paul
  10. paul06

Here is what I said on my first post Quote" called the person who put in the pump [2-16-2004]. He said that my control box was bad and had to be replaced. He did that. However, he said there is a problem. The amp reading from the control box was 12.0 . He said that usually it was around 10 to...
  11. paul06

Thanks for your reply Wally Hays. In a perfect world calling a well repairman would be thing to do and without knowing anything about wells trust him to do the right thing. Even on this forum, I have seen dicussions on well controntactors; both good and bad ones out there. My aim with is to...
  12. paul06

Getting the needed information so I know what I have in my well as far as components is as hard as finding teeth in a chicken. Thanks to the last post I recieved I now know that I have a single phase motor. Also, I was able to get the "well water record from the state. it answers more questions...
  13. paul06

I am now ready to check out the motor. I have been looking at the Franklin AIM Manual. It seems that I first have to know if I have a Single or Three Phrase motor. I can most likely tell by the wiring. What do I look for to tell the difference?
  14. paul06

I did a pressure test. 1. Turned off well 2. Turned on faucet to let the water run out. 3. Checked the pressure with a gauge on the valve at the top of tank .It read 35.6 [my shutoff is at 40psi] 4. I am thinking that I should put some more air to bring it up to 38 psi
  15. paul06

So far I have found out the following: 1. Tank takes 1 min 15 sec to refill from 40psi to 65psi 2. When the tank is full [65psi] I took out 19 gal of water before it "kicked back on at 40psi] 3. Tank does not lose pressure while sitting idle [over 1hour check on that]. 4. Tank only has one...
  16. paul06

Thanks for the encouragement. I found the leak. One of the faucets was partially on. The pump turned off at 65psi. I found the faucet in question within five or ten minutes. By that time the pressure had fallen to 60psi. An hour and a half later it was still at 60psi
  17. paul06

The well provides water to the house. Also there are three underground pipes leading to different parts of the property [one is next door, where my son uses it to water his lawn. The leak may be in one of them. I will check these by installing shutoff valves in them if necessary. I am hoping...
  18. paul06

I am really embarassed about a blunder like that. To much information and a confused brain i Guess. I was wrong of course. to fill the tank from 40 to 65 psi it takes 1minute 15 seconds. On the other, [for some reason] I read my notes wrong and checked to see how often the pump was starting. I...
  19. paul06

Not the news I was wanting to hear. Let me give you a rundown on my pump cycle: 65 reading to 60 = 2 minutes 60 tp 55 = 10 minutes 55 to 50 = 11 minutes 50 to 45 = 15 minutes 45 to 40 = 19 minutes total 57 minutes I will reduce the onoff...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks