Search results

1. Melkus

Softener Drainage Question

I don't see why not as long as it's not being restricted. I have a small shed outside of my house where mine is set up along with a ph tank both drain hoses run into a PVC pipe I have mounted to the wall which runs though the wall to outside and I've had no problems.
  2. Melkus

Do we need water treatment? test results

Well when your husband white cloth come out of the laundry with rust stains and he asks what happen just tell him I told you so.
  3. Melkus

Softener Newbie needs help

Scotsman you really need to get a water test done first. The report you gave is not telling me much like how hard the water is, there any iron etc. Also to size a proper system you to know how many people are in the house hole, number of bathrooms and what is your flow rate so that system can be...
  4. Melkus

That's really funny. City water here comes mostly from the cape fear river then to a billion dollar or so filter plant. If you would go down to the river and see it you say to yourself I would never drink that stuff. If this could be moved indoor or out of the weather you could get by with a...
  5. Melkus

What's got me wondering is you say you're on municipal water which to me means city water which there should not be any hardness to the water. My sister-in-law who is on municipal water has none all is treated beforehand. Maybe in other parts of the country it's not the same.
  6. Melkus

Re-bedding, as it's called, is not hard worth part is getting it unhook and moving to a place you can dump the old resin out and flush it out with water. Last time I did mine I used a big piece of plastic then I lay the tank down and flush it with the hose. If the stuff is cake in there take...
  7. Melkus

What Other Choice, Removing Iron

Bannerman your thinking about the post when another person told me I might be better off with a submersible pump which we did have years back and that when out due to things like lightning etc in fact back then the cut in and cut off was set more like 30/50 but I found 40/50 works best with...
  8. Melkus

ditttohead it's 36-Gallon and the air is at 38 psi 2 psi below pump cut in which is at 40 psi also my cut off is set at 50psi. Reach4 to answer your question the test was done at the pump house using the spigot right after the press tank. Using a five-gallon bucket I time how long it took to...
  9. Melkus

Reach you can get a 7x44 tank like this one. onehttp://www.water-softeners-filters.com/7-x-44-pentair-structural-30213-poly-glass-vessel-media-tank-w-base.php Then I have to buy a distributor tube, control valve, resin, just thinking.
  10. Melkus

Feel like I found what I can use. https://www.ohiopurewater.com/product-detail/?products_id=22862 10x44 Katalox system and only needing 4gpm for back washing and I did recheck my system and getting 5 1/2 gpm so this should work just fine since there just two of us here now. Thanks to all for the...
  11. Melkus

dittohead your talking about something like this right ? then put the GAC after it to remove the taste and odor. http://www.cleanwaterstore.com/CS000340.html?gclid=COTzv8HHlM8CFYQ9gQodbu4CyQ#tab=tab1?utm_term=chlorine contact tank&keyword=chlorine contact...
  12. Melkus

Yes that be right Reach I'm talking about water delivery rate. This well had a submersible pump to start with but after it going out 3 times the first time I had someone do it for me and the other 2 times me doing I had enough of pulling a pump up 52 feet hand over hand, not fun so it's up top...
  13. Melkus

Thanks for the feed back from all. I have the typical set up for a well system and that is a deep well jet pump up top drawing water up from 52 feet. This gose into my pressure tank. From there it is feed into a shed out side my house which has two inline filters (1 before and 1 after) along...
  14. Melkus

Hello all, Got a question as to what else I could use for my small iron problem I have with my well water. For years I have used a water softer to remove the 2ppm of iron I have but would love to get away from using a salt system since I don't have hard water. From what I have read most iron...
  15. Melkus

Where to buy media?

There are several shops in the Tampa area, I would think the best thing to do is get the phone book out and call some to see there can help you.
  16. Melkus

Empty Refillable Canisters

That's what I was thinking. Looks like if I want to get the ph up around 7 then I need to buy a Acid Neutralizer. Well check out the cost for this.
  17. Melkus

Thanks for the reply. This makes me think about something and not sure it would help or not. My ph is a bit on the low side (I have well water) last check it show 6.2 and I was wondering if I use one of these refillable canisters and fill it with Calacite or a blend (Calacite/Corosex) would it...
  18. Melkus

Has anyone ever used a refillable canisters for like there activated carbon filter. Would seem cheaper in the long run to just buy the media and refill when needed. I use a 20 x 4 1/2 filter after my softener which is good for about 5 months cost for the filter is $42.00. Just wondering if...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks