Search results

1. turnsouth

Water heater service disconnect question

Yea, it looks like the QO2L30SCP is not qualified for service entrance. The 70 amp series panels seem to be all service entrance rated, and they are only 5 to 10 dollars more. I'll probably go with one that has a locking lid to stay in code.
  2. turnsouth

I have a dedicated meter for the water heater, and this would be the only panel between the meter and the water heater, so it has to have some sort of circuit protection.
  3. turnsouth

I took a look at Home Depot and the Square D model QO2L30SCP would work really nice, 30 amp rated, two circuit breaker slots, nice and compact, and has a lock-out tab for the off position (in keeping with the hard-wire appliance code). The only problem would be that it takes QO breakers...
  4. turnsouth

I really wanted to go with a small breaker load center, instead of a pull out. I think I found what I'm looking for in a Square D model QO2L30SCP. I'll be at Home Depot tomorrow, and I'll poke around there, and see what they have. Thanks.
  5. turnsouth

It just needs to be a double breaker, not an actual disconnect switch. I've been searching, but can't seem to find a small 2 circuit panel online.
  6. turnsouth

I've upgraded my water heater,and had a question on a service disconnect. I have a separate meter, with a different rate, for the water heater, with a dedicated line that goes from the meter to a breaker box, then to the heater. The problem is that the wiring and breaker box are decades old...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks