Search results

1. hagler

Distance of GFCI Breaker

JW...I can figure for voltage drop....I have a question for you --- would a junction box make sense here? and forget about a subpanel.....Run #6 or #8 wire from main panel to an outdoor junction box? and then wire to two more junction boxes for each waterer? I have three separate fenced in...
  2. hagler

Grounding Rod for Main Panel

Quick question - the electrician that installed 200 amp service to my horse barn has a grounding rod laying in the ground horizontally. It is a 4' rod buried about 30" down and about 2 feet off the outside wall of the barn...laying horizontally (not driven into the ground). Do I need to...
  3. hagler

Distance of GFCI Breaker

Installing Direct-Wired waterers in horse barn (breaker to waterer directly).... I want to install GFCI breakers, but I'm concerned about the distance with 1 waterer. 2 waterers will be about 75' from subpanel. 1 waterer will be about 350' Do I need to install a second subpanel for the...
  4. hagler

Outdoor Subpanel 350' feet away from Barn

My fault for not explaining better....after the 350' run I need to go in both directions another 300' or so to connect to 2 other waterers in the field. Also, these are direct wired waterers, they do not plug in to outlets. I thought of just having outlets in case I needed a light or something...
  5. hagler

Outdoor Subpanel 350' feet away from Barn

Need to run wire for automatic horse waterers (1.3 amps each) to an open field about 350' away from the barn. Ran 14/2 UF wire to 3 waterers inside the barn. 350' away from barn, is #10 wire OK for such a small load (1.3 amps for each waterer - 3 waterers in the field)? or do I need #8...
  6. hagler

Watts or Amps for Wiring a Lighting Circuit

15 Amp circuit for lighting in a horse barn Fixtures will be as follows (from Orion West Lighting - Equine): Round Light Fixtures = 36 Watts 0.3 Amps (CFL)..........output = 200 watts 4' Fluorescent Fixtures = 84 Watts 0.7 Amps (CFL).......output = 500 watts Using the Round Light...
  7. hagler

GFCI, Dimmer Switch, Outdoor Lamp Posts with Receptacles

So I should pigtail the load side and run lines off the pigtail to the switch, the next outlet on the circuit, and the constant power to the outdoor receptacles? ---Then from the other side of the switch connect to the switched hot for the lamps (likely the blue wire).....? ----White neutral...
  8. hagler

GFCI, Dimmer Switch, Outdoor Lamp Posts with Receptacles

I have a GFCI outlet in the dining room....a Dimmer switch is run off of this outlet....the dimmer switch controls outdoor lamp posts with receptacles. In the Box I have the following: 2-wire from the panel coming into the box 2 wire from the switch coming down into the box 2-wire going...
  9. hagler

Drainage layout and advice for Horse Barn

I am actually looking into this...been doing a ton of research. Funny that you mentioned the idea! There's a product called HoofGrid for horse stalls (an open core design). Installation: 4" of clean, crushed gravel directly on top of natural ground--then the HoofGrids ($2.99/sq. ft.) are placed...
  10. hagler

With such little use, and with it being mostly just some water, any problem with just piping down directly from each drain (opening with a grate installed) into some king of hole that I dig with some heavier rocks in the hole (rip-rap)?......for just a few times a year?
  11. hagler

I understand....but here's what happens in the horse barn: the drains are covered by tiles the entire time during everyday use. There is always a layer of shavings (bedding) in every stall that picks up the urine (these shavings are constantly disposed of and replaced as needed) and the feces...
  12. hagler

We plan on finishing off the inside of the barn with tongue & groove walls --- in order to access the cleanouts, do you typically install an access panel in the wall? or how would you set it up to get to the cleanout? Also, looking at my rough sketch in my initial post, am I able to tie...
  13. hagler

Just to get this straight, where would you place the vents on each side...If I use two 2" vents on each side of this system, I assume 1 at the far end before the last p-trap like you said, but where would I place the first one on each side? Also, am I using a 4x2 Wye to run the vent pipe from...
  14. hagler

Ok...LOL.....I will not listen to the "drunk" Thanks for the link to the tips- helpful. If I go with 4" or even 6" for the main line, I can have only 1 vent on each side of my system at the end before the last p-trap? Can I tie these 2 vents together in the loft space (attic) before venting...
  15. hagler

The drain is going to a dry well that will be dug out at the ends of these drains... Th horse's stalls are mucked every day and the pee and poop is cleaned out of the stalls....there is bedding in the stalls that will pick up most of the urine and the poop is cleaned out into a bucket. The...
  16. hagler

Hello everyone….I’m looking for some help with running some drain pipe throughout a new horse barn that has just been framed out. I’ve attached a rough sketch…very rough, but hopefully you can get the idea. There are 6 horse stalls with drains in them and 4 drains spaced out in the main...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks