Search results

1. abeljda

Sizing a pipe from pump to house 250 feet apart

I have an existing pump that is pulling water from a cistren and its been here for the 30 years I have been here. I put a new pump in last year, its a 30/50 shallow well, 1 1/4 in, 1 inch out and the line is 1 1/4 to the house then it reduces again back down to 1 inch and on to the fixtures...
  2. abeljda

Question on putting bleach in shallow well/systren

Hello, we have a shallow well a hand dug systren about 25 foot deep from teh surface and about 12 to 14 feet at the bottom, it tapers up and is probably 8 feet at the top rock lined, beautiful workmanship. We use it for washing, I have a RO and uv light system with a number of different filters...
  3. abeljda

Removing separated injector from jacuzzi 1/2 shallow well

Greetings, so I have been able to get the injector out of my shallow well 5srp3c jacuzzi pump, I did not know it had separated (see picture below) and after breaking the plastic nut off and finally getting that out now I cant get the rest of the injector out. I have tried wires, hooks, hemostats...
  4. abeljda

Removing broken plastic injector from shallow well pump

Greetings, been working on/against a shallow well pump and managed to snap off the injector at the bolt head see the pic below. I have a bolt extractor kit but too small. was wondering if anyone out there had any magic tricks for doing something brilliant like I did here... thank you
  5. abeljda

Parts for a jacuzzi 1/2 pump model 5srp3c need venturi replacement

Hello I have a model 5srp3c 1/2 hp jacuzzi and I need a replacement for the venturi....today we are out of water since yesterday now. Where can I order or better call and go get in eastern kansas if possible? if not just where is a good place to start looking? Thank you
  6. abeljda

Well pump not shutting off or getting up to cut off pressure

Hello, I have a shallow well pump its a model 5srp3c 1/2 hp jacuzzi. I replaced the same model 5 years ago so its a fairly new pump. I replaced the draw line from the pump/housing to the systren/well 3 years ago as i had a cracked line. replaced the foot valve, all piping everything. has worked...
  7. abeljda

How to test used convertible shallow well Shur-Dri pump before installing?

Hello, I bought a shur-dri well pump used and wonder if it even works. It is an SD-520, and I just want to know if the pump is good or bad. I plug it in and it hums but I have no idea if its good or bad, how do you know without hooking it all the way up? Any way to simply test that it is good...
  8. abeljda

Install new line to cistern wall, worried about loose dirt flow back into cistern

Hello, I have a 25 foot cistern/well, which I am replacing the line to my pump to. I am going to have to dig up around the side of the wall of the well to get to the pipe, I am concerned that when I back fill the dirt will be loose and will flow into the limestone lined well. Is there anything...
  9. abeljda

shallow well pump losing prime sporadically

Hello, I have a shallow well jacuzzi jet pump which is new last year. I had some plumbers replace it and replumb most of the well pump piping in the well housing. Last week we lost water. I got the pump going, and it looked like it was sucking some mud so I pulled the draw pipe and replaced the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks