Search results

1. Sommer

Submersible pump motors

No worries, I can see the other side from a reasonable contractor who probably gets screwed his fair share too from deadbeats, and chiselers, I am neither, just a homeowner with a kid trying to keep the necessities of life on tap for her, I definitely should have known better, I just have this...
  2. Sommer

Submersible pump motors

OK, so getting charged ~$3,500 for a 3/4hp 2 wire 230V 7gpm including 120ft sched 120 and wire all in would be some pretty good gouging, no? We didn't talk money until the job was half done, and even then he wasn't talking about that kind of change. Is that my fault for trusting that the guy...
  3. Sommer

Submersible pump motors

OK but like I said I don't mind paying a fair price and even a bit of a premium for quick service. Are you saying nobody gouges in this business? Seems to me the other pros I called were a lot more reasonable. What would you charge for this job labour and materials? Also I have to take issue...
  4. Sommer

Submersible pump motors

Thanks again, I won't refuse to pay at all, I have no problem paying a fair price for good work, and I think he did good work even if some of it was overkill, and I don't even mind paying a bit of a premium for the quick service, but I don't like getting a sore ass just because he was the...
  5. Sommer

Submersible pump motors

Yeah definitely leaning that way, thanks for the confirmation. A few thousand? That bad eh? The lengths I think are good, I was there when he pulled up the old black hose, which he said should be replaced, though I am doubtful now. The pump is a Franklin J-Class Sandhandler 7JS07S4-2W230...
  6. Sommer

Submersible pump motors

I think maybe I'm getting gouged? Had my well quit last week (shared with neighbor, both of us have little ones in the house) so I called around and the only guy that answered at that time of night said he would be over first thing to have a look. He came over about 7:30am took a quick meter...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks