Search results

1. tucker1a485

Bradford White Defender Pilot lights, but burner will not lite. Without hot water.

Here's the service manual http://bradfordwhite.com/images/shared/pdfs/manuals/44943-D.pdf or it could be this one http://bradfordwhite.com/images/shared/pdfs/manuals/44943C.pdf I don't think it's your thermocouple if the pilot is staying lit after you turn it to the on position. If it only...
  2. tucker1a485

Bradford White Defender pillot keeps going out

I don't understand how it wouldn't be getting enough air. I mean thats what I thought too, yellow flame, not enough air. But the screen has been cleaned, I adjusted the air shuttter nut to full open, and even had the door off while it was running for awhile, still yellow flames. The flames are...
  3. tucker1a485

Yeah well I'll be out in a month so it's "fixed" enough for me. :D I thought of the idea after reading this thread. Looks like I'm not the only person with this problem. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?23311-Bradford-White-Defender-gas-water-heater-tripping
  4. tucker1a485

Fixed Another quick update for anyone who has the water heater and is having these problems. I put a fan blowing on it from about 5 or 6 feet away, in case it wasn't getting enough combustion air, and now it is working fine. The flame still looks identical, with yellow tips, but it's working...
  5. tucker1a485

No this is installed for propane. It has been installed since 2007 I think. Working fine up til a few weeks ago.
  6. tucker1a485

Okay, update. I thought after it got adjusted the flames were blue, but upon looking closer (laying all the way on the ground craning to see through the sight glass) I can see the tips are still yellow. So I took off the door and adjusted the air shutter nut per the service manuals instructions...
  7. tucker1a485

It's in a basement that is about 20' by 40'. It's right next to another water heater and two boilers (which obviously aren't running right now). I would think there would be plenty of air down there. I just can't think of why it would be overheating. Could it be possible that when it got...
  8. tucker1a485

No there is no flammable vapors anywhere near it. I have sat down there and watched it trip the flame didn't change color or change in size or anything. It just lit up, stayed lit, then the switch popped and it shut off. Smoke isn't exactly drawn to it, but when you put the smoke right next to...
  9. tucker1a485

I have a bradford white defender water heater. The pilot goes out intermittantly. The thermocouple has been replaced, the screen has been cleaned and everything was adjusted, yet it still keeps going out, sometimes it will stay lit for a day or two but most times it goes out within a half hour...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks