Search results

1. Antonio4791

box fill for metal 42 cu in box

thanks Thanks guys. I'll continue with my plan. Now I will have everything on dedicated circuits.
  2. Antonio4791

box fill for metal 42 cu in box

Hi all, I'm adding 4 new circuits to my main panel for a kitchen remodel. To get the new wires from the panel into my house, I added a new conduit from the panel which enters into my crawl space. The new conduit goes to a junction box. I will have 4 hots, 4 neutrals and 4 grounds coming...
  3. Antonio4791

Common P trap to stubout alignment issue

Hi all, After having recently completely gutted and reno-ed one bathroom, we did another. The 2nd is nearly complete. During the 1st bath reno, I ran into a problem where the drain stub out was too low because of a 36" high vanity. The 2nd bath reno also has tall vanity tops, so I stubbed...
  4. Antonio4791

Adding a new HVAC vent

Hi all, I am constructing a new bathroom in my home within the existing square footage. It is fairly small (5x9). I would like to put an HVAC outlet vent into the room. There is an existing duct that rooms to one of the bedrooms very closeby in the attic. I was hoping to simply Tee off of...
  5. Antonio4791

PVC drain pipe and fitting in Southern California?

Thanks all for the advice. Good news. I called Schluter directly. As I expected the ABS and PVC drains that come with the shower kits are identical except for a flange peice which is made of either ABS or PVC. They're going to ship me the ABS one free of charge.
  6. Antonio4791

Thanks Yersmay. I called Aqua-Flo. They do not have PVC DWV fittings and pipe for indoor use. They have it only for drainage and irrigation purpose. I spoke with Jim there and he said ABS is required by code. I just read the section in the CA code book and it says PVC can be used. But that...
  7. Antonio4791

I have no strong preference for using PVC vs ABS, I am just wondering why it is not used at all in southern CA. There is nothing wrong with PVC, and as far as I can tell from looking at the code books, it is allowed in CA. Many people and books consider it to be the preferred material for...
  8. Antonio4791

Hi all, Does anyone know where I can buy PVC drain fittings and pipe in the Los Angeles area? Seems like a common item, but no one here seems sells it, not even the two plumbing supply places I tried.
  9. Antonio4791

4 inch vent pipe in a 2x6 stud wall?

Hi all, I just built a 2x6 stud wall for my new bathroom. I would like to put in a 4 inch vent pipe but I'm wondering if 4 inches is too wide. Obviously there are code issues with boring studs, but what about top and bottom plates? This is a load bearing, double top plate wall. A 2x6 is only...
  10. Antonio4791

How far from a window can a vent stack be? UPC Code

Thanks Doherty, 3 feet shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully there is someone from California out there who can verify.
  11. Antonio4791

How far from a window can a vent stack be? UPC Code

Hi all, I am new here. Hope someone here can answer my question. I am constructing a bathroom within the existing footprint of my home. I am wondering how far from a window a vent stack can be. There is a window nearly directly below where I want to vent. The vent will of course be above...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks