Search results

1. DirtyBrad

Jog in vertical waste pipe

I have what I think is a simple question, but I'm coming up blank. I'm redoing a first floor bathroom and moving one wall 9" so I can build a hallway. The stack that serves the bathroom is in that wall. The second floor room above is currently open, so relocating the vent pipe up there is...
  2. DirtyBrad

Sweat quality control

I'm working on a kitchen remodel, which is the first real plumbing I've done. The house has 1/2" copper pipe for water and PVC for waste. I've been reading and watching all I can on-line about sweating the pipe and did several practice pieces before diving in. My joints aren't gorgeous...
  3. DirtyBrad

Draining water heater TPR valve

I just purchased a new 50 gallon natural gas water heater and have been doing my research on installing it, but I'm not clear on how the TPR valve should drain. The old unit had a vertical pipe that just terminated about 18" from the floor, so any water would just dump out next to the water...
  4. DirtyBrad

Standpipe questions, venting and drain size

I'm installing a front-loading washer and dryer in a room in my basement which is adjacent to a full bath and I've got a couple of questions about venting and drain size. I'm installing a standpipe and washer outlet box. From what I've read, that standpipe and the drain back to the main...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks