Search results

1. reed50

How often should you test t/p valve on water heater

How often should the t/p valve on a water heater be tested? I've read everything from once a month to once a year. I read in one of the other threads that a valve that was only a year old was frozen shut. What do you guys (the experts) think?
  2. reed50

water heater wiring

Plumber came out and worked on electric water heater (plumbing issues). Said there were 2 issues with the round 10 gauge wire going to the water heater. Recommended an electrician (friend of his) who would come take a look for $350. Here are his issues: 1. Where the wire goes into the...
  3. reed50

tp discharge pipe

Discovered the tp valve discharge pipe goes straight into the crawl space. I am going to fix that issue but had a question. The discharge pipe itself is cvpc pipe. The end screwed into the tp valve is also plastic. Is this correct or does it need to be changed. Thanks for the help.
  4. reed50

expansion tank and TP valve questions

I had a licensed plumber (checked with the state to make sure) come out and check the expansion tank to make sure it was still working. He said it was fine. He also said that since there was usually always someone home (and using water) that we really didn't need it. (We do have a pressure...
  5. reed50

is expansion tank still working properly

Have an expansion tank on the water heater. It is positioned vertically ABOVE the cold horizontal pipe (only place to put it) that runs above the water heater. Is there a way to check it to see if it is still working properly? I read about tapping it, but am not sure what part is supposed to...
  6. reed50

copper pipes under mobile home (doublewide)

I went under my home to see how things were and saw something I hope you guys can help me with since you all were a big help about bonding the copper pipes (with there being plastic inserted in places). The copper pipes under the house are hung from the steel frame by metal clamps, and there is...
  7. reed50

bonding/grounding copper pipes

I kow this has been discussed before, but as a female who is trying to understand this (and not get ripped off by an electrician), could this be explained to me and what, if anything, I need to do before I spend $200 to an electrician who is spouting off stuff I don't understand. I've posted...
  8. reed50

Grounding I beams on doublewide

Do the I beams on our vinyl sided doublewide need to be grounded? I have read conflicting opinions on the internet on this subject. One opinion was that since they are bolted to the wooden floor joists, it was not necessary. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  9. reed50

Copper pipes grounded ?

About 5 years ago we had the plastic grey pipes in our manufactured home replaced with copper pipes. The pipe to the house is plastic. It stayed. I ran across something the other day that said the copper pipes need to be grounded. I'm pretty sure this is not something that was done. Is this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks