Search results

1. monkeystomach

Add Sink Beside Washer and Move Supply Valves

Here is the drawing with the sink and trap... the trap for the W/M standpipe will be inside the wall and the trap for the sink will be outside the wall under the sink...
  2. monkeystomach

Actually... do I even need to add a new vent pipe to the current vent? Or can I just add the new drain? Does that depend on the distance the new drain will be from the current stack? Thanks, Ed
  3. monkeystomach

would adding what is in red in this crude drawing work?
  4. monkeystomach

What if I remove the in-wall p-trap and then plumb everything like a regular sink setup. Then i would do something like this...
  5. monkeystomach

So this is my current drain situation. It is 2" with a 1.5" vent on the right. Since I am going with a front loader and I want all of the connections to be under the sink which will be all the way to the left, how can I do that with the drain? Remove the in-wall p-trap and connect them to...
  6. monkeystomach

Thanks guys. I checked my local code and cannot find anything about the height of the standpipe. The instructions for the washer say it needs to be 18" high, I will probably do about 30". Once I get the drywall down I'll take some pics and post for more advice. Thanks, Ed
  7. monkeystomach

Hello, I currently have a front load washer and a front load dryer in my utility room connected to a “classic†washing machine water supply/drain box. This box was intended for a top load machine and is about 40†above the floor. I would like to add a counter over the washer and dryer...
  8. monkeystomach

Kitchen Sink... No Vent? Plus Moving Plumbing

Hi Everyone, The below pictures are of my (old) kitchen sink setup. To me there appears to be no vent. The picture from below the house seems to show the same thing because the 3" pipe that continues to the left connects to the plumbing that leads to the sewer... From the...
  9. monkeystomach

Relocating Closet Flange Help

hj... i was going to do exactly that... disconnect the 1.5" drain from the horizontal wye, run it to the wall and then connect it to the vertical 3" drain using a new wye.... however this will not work because the hubs on the wye fitting are too "fat" and stick out past the studs, which would...
  10. monkeystomach

Can I use one of these? I would put it vertically against the back wall, connect the tub/sink drain to the 2" side inlet (using a 2" to 1 1/2" flush bushing), I would connect the closet flange with a 90 to the 3" sanitary hub, and then connect the vent and drain to the top and bottom hubs...
  11. monkeystomach

Toilet Supply Size From Wall...

Sorry I'm not sure of the correct terms, but I'll try my best to explain. The current setup that I have running to the toilet is 1/2 copper to 3/8 drop ear elbow in the wall... then a 3/8 pipe to the valve... Lowes does not sell a 3/8 drop ear elbow (only 1/2)... So can I use a 1/2 drop...
  12. monkeystomach

Hi HJ, Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I cannot find the "street wye" fitting anywhere in my area. Would the plan that I stated above work, or is it seriously flawed?
  13. monkeystomach

Hi Everyone; I need your help in relocating a closet flange. The current flange is a little over 14” from the finished wall, and I need it to be 12”, plus I need to move it over 3”. The biggest problem I am having is getting it closer to the wall because there is a sanitary tee that connects a...
  14. monkeystomach

Soldered Joint Faulire Rate?

Thank you all for putting up with my silly DIY questions, I really appreciate it. I hope this will be my last question… How do I remove the soldered joints? I will replace all of the copper to copper elbows and couplings, but my main concern is the joints on the new valve. I really do...
  15. monkeystomach

If I have a ring of solder around the joint and I re-heat the joint will the solder just flow into it? Or will it not work because there is no flux?
  16. monkeystomach

Thanks guys... what about my other joints that seem to be okay, is there a possibility they have been contaminated too and need to be redone? Will they fail prematurely?
  17. monkeystomach

I cleaned and prepped the heck out of those fittings and end... everything was so shiny and pretty. I tried my best to heat the fittings and not the pipe too...
  18. monkeystomach

So I tried all afternoon to solder some copper pipes to a new valve and hook that up to my existing plumbing. I practiced sweating copper yesterday and it was so easy and I did a great job... but today not good at all. My last three joints did not work at all. The solder melted but it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks