Search results

1. Rayzen

Moen Shower/Tub Valve Turns Off, But Then Begins to Turn On Again

With time, the tub/shower valve was so tight and hard to turn that I could almost not turn it anymore, so I just replaced the Moen cartridge with an OEM Moen 1222 cartridge, and it now works smoothly & easily, with the water getting hotter, as it should, while being rotated counterclockwise and...
  2. Rayzen

Need Advice About River Water Pump Setup

I live alongside a river in the Pacific Northwest (Washington) and have been pumping water out of it, every summer, in order to water my lawns and veggie garden. It has worked great. The river lies about 100 feet, horizontally, from the yard, and about 30 feet below the level of the yard (We...
  3. Rayzen

Need Help Connecting Two Sections of Flexible PVC

I am running a long suction hose from the river to a pump, in order to get water for watering my lawns during the hot, dry summer. The problem is that I had to join/splice two sections of flexible PVC hose between the foot valve and the pump. Because it's on the suction side of the pump, I can't...
  4. Rayzen

How to Connect Flexible PVC with no air leaks

I am running a long suction hose from the river to a pump, in order to get water for watering my lawns during the hot, dry summer. The problem is that I had to join/splice two sections of flexible PVC hose between the foot valve and the pump. Because it's on the suction side of the pump, I can't...
  5. Rayzen

Questions about Pressure Tanks

I live on the bank of a river, near the mountains, in Washington, and pump water out of it for the lawns, as well as for the veggie garden, during the hot, dry summers. From the river, the water goes into an old pumphouse, where there is a pressure tank, then it continues out to the...
  6. Rayzen

Pump Problem and Questions

Situation: I live on a mountain riverbank, and pump water from the river, for watering the lawns and the veggie garden, during the summer months; have been doing this for thirty-two years. The river is about 17 feet below the level of the house. In the past, I have had two 1/2 h.p. pumps...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks