Search results

1. W

Water Pressure issues

Thank you guys for the help. I got a second opinion from another plumber. I am building up at least 150lbs pressure in the tank. We think now that maybe the PRV is acting as a check valve, since there is 180lbs of pressure behind it from the city. Considering moving the PRV further from the tank.
  2. W

Water Pressure issues

Just talked to metro water, and they tell me the official number is 180psi for our sub-division. I checked the PRV and it is rated 25-75 with max pressure of 300psi. Sound like I'm asking too much from this PRV?
  3. W

Water Pressure issues

I get the 165psi figure from a pressure gauge a neighbor bought. We went around the neighborhood testing various homes. The gauge maxes out at 165 and the spigot pinned the gauge. Unfortunately, the water pressure killed my front spigot years ago, so I have nothing to attach a gauge to for...
  4. W

Water Pressure issues

Oops, I forgot to mention that I did not have a thermal expansion tank installed on my old water heater, but I do now. Any other ideas? Thanks so much for the reply! Ian
  5. W

Water Pressure issues

I had to replace my water heater recently and since the new one was installed the following has happened: • kept getting water from the T&P valve • water pressure in the house seemed to be higher • the installer replaced the T&P valve • continued to get water from the T&P • the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks