Search results

1. lynnmain25

Toilet problem

No, my flange sits above the floor by almost 1/2 inch. Prior to using my piece of plywood for a base every item I used, except for one, a waxless seal, all had my toilet rocking back and forth and leaking immediately. Previous plumbers over the years used shims to try to level it, but didn't...
  2. lynnmain25

Toilet problem

I believe I have finally solved my toilet problem (I hope). The fluidmaster could not fit into the drain hole. The small ring was too small and was extremly loose in the drain pipe and the big ring was too big. I tried soaping everything up to get the large ring to roll down as I pushed evenly...
  3. lynnmain25

Toilet problem

Well nothing has worked. I was able to finally find the steel cover to go over the flange on the floor. Home Depot, ******* and Lowes did not have this particular flange, employees didn't have a clue. Went to several smaller hardware stores without any luck. Finally found a mom and pop...
  4. lynnmain25

Toilet problem

the slots for the bolt are from the side of a plastic flange, they cannot drop in from the top and then slide back. Although the more I think about it I can slide in both bolts and then place the new flange on top, etc. I was beginning to think that I have a crack somewhere in my toilet...
  5. lynnmain25

Toilet problem

it won't work afterall... :( I was showing my son the picture and we realized this support flange won't work - our old flange has openings on the side for the bolt to slide into... any other suggestions?
  6. lynnmain25

Toilet problem

my local hardward store did not carry this model, it had another type that was hinged but had was held in place with the same screws. I will go to Home Depot tomorrow! Thank you!
  7. lynnmain25

Toilet problem

I'm trying to fix a leaking toilet from the base. The toilet was brand new and installed a couple of months ago by the person who installed my new floor (because of a toilet leak). From past experience (floor was replaced once before) it seemed as if the wax rings were not working so I bought...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks