Search results

1. fishbum

Removing Purple Primer Drip (oops)

The drip is a long streak, about 1/16" wide and 4" long down on the front of the threshold... if I get time this weekend I'll give a few of these ideas a try. Thanks everyone-
  2. fishbum

Phew, gotcha. I was plumbing a drain line that runs between the joists above the shower. Lesson learned - I already covered the upstairs shower with plastic as that is where the drywallers will be working tomorrow!!!!!! thanks
  3. fishbum

Ok, how do I remove the drip of purple PVC primer from my new white shower? I know, I know - slow down you say. But no matter what I did a drop of the stuff always fell from somewhere... thanks
  4. fishbum

Entrepreneurial ideas, PLEASE READ.

yeah - since extra long t-shirts have already been patented:
  5. fishbum

Test Tee Question

Thanks, I assumed that, especially in a vent line. rgds, Brian
  6. fishbum

Test Tee Question

I'm need to put a Test Tee in a horizontal section of a 3" main vent. Does the Tee have to point straight up, or can I roll it to one side, say 45 degrees (makes it accessible for a test plug)? Thanks!!!
  7. fishbum

Question for Terry re: his infamous Graphic

The cast hub (that enters the exterior wall) already has some PVC drain pipe entering it the previous owner added. So I need to remove all the old PVC and re-do it and connect it to the cast hub again. The pvc needs to be redone to accomodate the stack coming down from the second floor. I've...
  8. fishbum

Well the only remaining cast hub is embedded in a block wall and exits my crawl space for the septic system, so removing that last portion involves digging outside. Oh yeah, and it goes under my garage floor first.... So I think I can live with one surviving cast hub considering the...
  9. fishbum

Thanks, I'm remodeling, adding a second story and gutting the first floor, so I have the "luxury" of removing all DWV piping and redoing everything properly. I'm still working on my plan, which involves lots of routing among floor trusses, wet walls, and around the chimney. The only thing...
  10. fishbum

I've been sudying this graphic that you always post - on the far left the first floor tub vent goes all the way to the second floor revent. Why is that? Does it have to be that way or are you just showing another option? Thanks, Brian
  11. fishbum

Pressure testing copper supply lines?

I'll have to do the same tests soon myself, and I was under the impression that you charge the system to 50lbs (around normal water pressure) and then watch for the pressure to drop over several hours. It should not drop. Local Code officer tells me I need to have the test on when they arrive...
  12. fishbum

Condensate and Washer overflow drains ?

I guess if it was an emergency washer leak I'd rather have the water dump into the crawl space than down thru the house! In the ideal world the overflow drain would never be used. Draining outside might be an option... So - is the drain for the boiler not problematic? It still must be...
  13. fishbum

My new boiler (Baxi-Luna) will be located on the second floor. It will hang on a wall that abutts the bathroom, so all DWV plumbing will be within 6-10 feet of the unit. My first floor bathroom sits directly under the 2nd floor bathroom. So - I don't think I'll need a pump, it should drain via...
  14. fishbum

I'm doing a major home remodel, including adding second story, second bath, wiring, new boiler, etc... (some work myself, some via contractors). The new LP high efficiency boiler requires a condensate drain, so I'm wondering where this should drain to....? Also - with my washing machine on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks