Search results

1. J

Closet flange question

Thanks for your all your help. You guys are awesome on here!
  2. J

Closet flange question

I'm tiling our bathroom floor and the closet flange, which is in good shape, is attached to the subfloor. Can I leave my closet flange attached to the subfloor and then tile around it? I know many people insist on putting it on the finished floor, but I'm getting conflicting advice. I...
  3. J

Closet flange removal

I need to remove the current closet flange in order to tile the floor and install a new closet flange on top of the flooring. I'm assuming I need to cut the pipe? I was able to unscrew the flange from the floor, but I can't unscrew it from the plastic pipe. I guess it's glued and the only way...
  4. J

Size of ledger for Kohler Villager cast iron tub?

Thank you. Should I use metal shims under the feet or can I use a composite shim? If metal, do you know where to buy some? Thanks again.
  5. J

Thank you. And one more question. Does the tub just rest on the ledger? It doesn't get nailed or attached to the studs in any way? I don't see any nail holes or anything like that in the nailing flange. Thanks again.
  6. J

Oh yeah, and I was wondering about metal shims? The manual recommends the use of metal shims under its cast iron feet. Home Deopt doesn't carry them. Anyone know where i could buy metal shims in the Seattle area (Bothell)?
  7. J

I'm installing a cast iron tub and am wondering about the thickness of the ledger. The lip of the tub that rests on it is very narrow. I think that the curvature of the tub would interfere with the thickness of a 2X4. Any suggestions for what size to use? Also, my tub has feet that it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks