Search results

1. Regis Tration

Submersible Well Pump Sizing Help Please

Sorry everyone I made a mistake, the current pump is 2 wire. Not sure if that makes a difference in your answers. There is no control box, the wire runs straight to the pressure switch.
  2. Regis Tration

Thank you. Could I get away with a 1/2 horsepower, and if so, could you recommend a specific model?
  3. Regis Tration

The 75 foot pumping level was just a best guess and I am getting the impression that it wasn't such a good guess! Thank you.
  4. Regis Tration

I use very little water. The pressure tank is an old Amtrol WX-302 Well-X-Trol, which is rated 86 gallons. Based on my low water usage, I don't think that I would need to pump from 300 feet to fill the tank, but I would prefer to put the replacement pump at the same 300 foot depth as the old...
  5. Regis Tration

I have a well in an extremely remote location on an island 10 miles off the coast of Maine. I would hire a professional to help but I haven’t found anyone who is willing to travel out there on a boat. The submersible well pump needs to be replaced. I need to know what size pump to buy. I don’t...
  6. Regis Tration

Well Pump Horsepower

Thanks Cary. Are you saying that submersible pumps have a limited shelf life, just stored in a box?
  7. Regis Tration

Well Pump Horsepower

I have a well that is in an extremely remote location. I want a spare submersible well pump so that I will be ready with a replacement when the existing pump fails. I don't know the horsepower of the pump that is in the well now; I only know that it is 240 volts. I suspect that the existing pump...
  8. Regis Tration

What Is This Pipe Adjacent To Well Casing?

I am trying to understand the design of my well. It was probably drilled in the 1980s or 1990s. The well is in a remote off-grid location on an ocean island approximately 10 miles out to sea. What is the small black polyethylene pipe that is adjacent to the well casing? (Please see the pictures...
  9. Regis Tration

What To Do With Well Pump Safety Rope In Conduit

Hello: I want to install conduit between the well cap and the electrical box (please see picture). What is the correct method for routing the pump safety rope? Should it be threaded into the electrical box and then out again? Also, can I use a reducer fitting to reduce the diameter of the...
  10. Regis Tration

Reuse or Replace Cracked Cast Iron Toilet Flange?

My cast iron toilet flange is cracked but otherwise solid. Can I reuse it or should I replace it? If replace, what type of replacement do you recommend? Thank you.
  11. Regis Tration

Grounding A Well

Interesting and effective method, thank you Boycedrilling.
  12. Regis Tration

Grounding A Well

Thanks craigpump. The well is on a small uninhabited island 10 miles out to sea. It is difficult to get qualified professionals to come on site. I did the best I could to prolong the life of the well with the tools, materials, and skills that I have.
  13. Regis Tration

Grounding A Well

Yes, Texas Wellman, I have am working on a design for solar. It is a seasonal house and we try to conserve water so the pump doesn't run very often. I only start the generator to run the well pump. It runs for about 6 minutes. I use a few gallons of gasoline per season. But I'd like to have the...
  14. Regis Tration

Grounding A Well

Thank you, should I connect the pump/circuit ground wire to the ground rod or just leave it as is?
  15. Regis Tration

Grounding A Well

Recently I had no choice but to cut off the corroded top of my well casing. Here is what it looked like: I replaced the casing with PVC and a Fernco coupling. I know that many people disapprove of the Fernco coupling, but the well is in an extremely remote ocean island location with no...
  16. Regis Tration

How Is This Pitless Adapter Different?

Instead of drilling a hole in the pitless adapter, could I connect a tee to the bottom of the pitless adapter, with the other end of the tee connected to the drop pipe, and the side of the tee connected to an elbow going up to the vertical drain pipe? This would seem like a better design than...
  17. Regis Tration

Thank you. Now that I think about it, removing the plug at the top of the pipe in the picture and also removing a small plug from the check valve at the tank is the only way to allow the water to drain back into the well so that the pipe from the well to the tank doesn't freeze. Did the...
  18. Regis Tration

My well has a copper pipe that appears to rise from the pitless adapter (please see the pictures). The copper pipe has a plug at the top. The pipe is pressurized when the well pump runs. I looked at a new pitless adapter and the threaded hole in the top is for a "pull pipe" and is not even open...
  19. Regis Tration

How To Remove And Replace Pump In Well With Pitless Adapter

Thank you all for your great suggestions and advice. If I make a steel "T" to remove the pitless adapter, would it be 1" NPT or 1 1/4" NPT (or another size)?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks