Search results

1. Kimster

Anyone have an ABS p-trap plug?

Hi everyone, I am tearing my hair out trying to find a threaded plug for a 1.5 inch ABS p-trap cleanout. It is not a cap, like newer plumbing and I can only find one available for a 1.25 inch p-trap. Does anyone have one of these things, kicking around in some shed or garage, they can send me...
  2. Kimster

Clicker drain installation

Hi everyone, I bought an OS&B clicker lav drain (3535QCP) with no overflow for a wall-hung sink. There are no installation instructions and there is a foam ring/gasket included that I'm not sure where it's supposed to be used. The rubber gasket and slip washer are obvious, but is the foam...
  3. Kimster

What type of sealing compound to use for this situation

Hi all! Still working on the bathroom reno. I have copper stub-outs with sweat-on brass 1/2 in female threaded adapters at the end. I have stainless steel 1/2 in male threaded external shower valve adapters (Grohe) that need to get screwed into the brass. Any special kind of pipe dope I should...
  4. Kimster

How far down should bush be inserted into shower drain

Hi everyone, I'm ready to install my shower drain kit and I have to either bush down from 2" to 1 1/2" inside the drain or use a 1 1/2" gasket rather than the 2" that comes with the kit. Our code specifies that you can use a 1 1/2" drain if there's only one shower head and I can't replace the 1...
  5. Kimster

Recommendations on lav faucets that don't use braided supply lines?

Hey everyone, I had purchased a Grohe faucet for the lav that will be going in my new bathroom. The basin is a wall-mounted small design (19 wide x 15 deep) and will have the plumbing exposed. There is a single hole for the faucet and I'm trying to get the plumbing up as high under the lav as...
  6. Kimster

Professional opinions on this plumbing job, please.

Hi everyone, I really respect all the professionals on this forum and would like an honest opinion on this particular plumbing job. Would you have done it this way, is there a better way, drawbacks/advantages to this configuration, potential problems, etc. This is 1/2 inch Uponor AquaPex...
  7. Kimster

Big thanks to HJ

Just wanted to thank HJ for posting his method of cast iron tub removal. My husband, all 150 lbs of him was able to roll the almost 400 lb tub on its skirt onto a 4x4 post and a steel pipe. We then just rotated it out of the tight cove, put it on two skateboard-type dollies and wheeled it out...
  8. Kimster

What to do about my main stack

So it turns out the collars on my stack stick out farther than the 2x4 construction in the room. As well, the stack was installed crooked so that the pipe, by the time it reaches the top plate also sticks out farther than the studs. Originally, I was going to get a section of it changed out...
  9. Kimster

Toto Carolina one piece

So, while I was destroying the bathroom the other day, I accidentally dropped my hammer and it just nicked the toilet. Unfortunately, that nick turned into a crack and now I need a new toilet. I have some issues with space and need something along the same size as what I had, so the Carolina...
  10. Kimster

Does this toilet bend need replacing?

Hello everyone, I've been busy demolishing the bathroom and have gotten to the point where I need to address the plumbing. House is 1956, most of the plumbing has been changed to copper except what's in the walls in the bathroom. Will be going copper to Pex for the sink, shower and toilet...
  11. Kimster

Bottle trap question

Anyone know if bottle traps are allowed in the Winnipeg plumbing code? I called an inspector at the city and he didn't know off the top of his head. Also we have to reroute the hot and cold lines for the shower because of their current proximity to the electrical panel and you can bet we'll...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks