Search results

1. Jdon88

Sterling Accord Install Trouble

I'm installing my first bath tub and surround using the Sterling Accord after seeing Terry's info about them https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?55937-Installing-Sterling-Accord-tub-shower-kits&highlight=accord. Everything was going smooth until I was test fitting the surround. When...
  2. Jdon88

Drywall Laminating

I hope to get some feedback on what I plan to do. I've been getting rid of popcorn ceilings in my house room by room. The popcorn came off very easily due to wallpaper and paint on the ceilings before the popcorn was applied. The problem is that I'm left with seams every 2 feet or so and I...
  3. Jdon88

Dow Super Tuff-R

Anyone use these Dow insulation boards for interior walls? I'm thinking about using them in my place. 60 year old Pennsylvania house, exterior brick face over blocks. Currently no interior insulation between block wall and drywall, just 3/4" wood strips between drywall and block. I'm...
  4. Jdon88

Optimum Sump pump cycle?

I searched but didn't find what I'm looking for. My current sump pump is a 1/3 HP Century pedestal and looks to be very old. With snow melting and some recent rain the pump is running more often. I've only been in this house 6 months and don't have much experience with sump pumps. The pump...
  5. Jdon88

How to clean main vent?

I have reason to believe that the vent to my main sewer drain may be obstructed. The vent is about a 1.5" metal pipe that comes off the drain, thru the outside wall and up along the house. It is about 20' long. I don't have a snake but I do have about 30' of 1/4" cable that I could run down...
  6. Jdon88

Jumper Wire over Water meter?

I noticed there is an old wire connected to the main water pipes on either side of the meter. What is its purpose, continuity for grounding electrical? Meter body looks like its metal. Its ugly and I'd remove it if not necessary, or replace with new wire. Thanks.
  7. Jdon88

New Water Heater, now T&P leaks

I just replaced the old water heater with a new bradford white gas heater. Everything went smooth until I fired it up and about 15 minutes later the relief valve started dripping. I had the heat set to 'hot' as a starting point per the manual. I searched this site and found that a few others...
  8. Jdon88

Plastic Piece on inlet pipe

What is the purpose of the plastic piece with rubber disc inside the inlet and outlet pipes? This is on a new Bradford-White heater.
  9. Jdon88

Water Heater install question

I'm going to replace the leaky 16 year old Smith heater with a B-W tomorrow. The heater is in an unfinished basement directly on the concrete floor. I'm wondering if I should raise it up a few inches with a concrete block like the home heater is? The house is new to me so I don't know if it...
  10. Jdon88

Home Warranty Water Heater Issue

OK. I have to vent and this seems like a good place to do it. I recently bought a house that came with a warranty from First American. Seems like a good idea from a buyers point of view. Went thru the house with a home inspector and saw that the water heater was 16 years old but was still...
  11. Jdon88

Which Sump Basin?

I'd like to install a sump basin and submersibile pump in my basement. Currently there is a pedestal pump in an open rectangular pit about 20X18X17 deep, there are weep tiles around the interior of the basement that drain into this pit. I saw a basin at HD that is round 18X30 deep. I'd rather...
  12. Jdon88

shut off valve leak

This seems to happen to me all the time. I just bought an older home and have some work to do before I move in. i thought it would be a good idea to turn off the main water supply since I won't be back at the house for a week or so. When i turn the valve back on it now has a slow leak from...
  13. Jdon88

Rough in length

I measued current toilet and rough in length is 11". Will a 12" toilet fit or do I need to look for a 10" toilet? The toilet I have in mind (toto cst744el) dimensions show 3/4" between tank and wall, that is cutting it close, will the 12" fit?
  14. Jdon88

Drake parts

After some internet searching I decided to buy a Drake to replace the 1954 and 1962 toilets in my new house. I was wondering about replacement parts. How long are the innards expected to last and are they hard to find? What about the seat, I keep hearing about the soft close seat. That one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks