Search results

1. kplank

Cycle Stop - stopped working?

Had to reply with an update to this thread. Called Cycle Stop and received EXCELLENT customer service. Not only were they helpful on the phone with a couple things to try, but they sent out a free replacement valve even though I didn't purchase the original directly from them. The likely...
  2. kplank

Cycle Stop - stopped working?

I have a CSV1 60lb Cycle Stop valve installed in the drop pipe of my 40 foot shallow well with a 1 hp, 18 gpm submersible. It worked fine for six months or so and then I noticed it gradually required greater flow (above the preset 1 GPM) to keep the pump from cycling. It is now to the point...
  3. kplank

Submersible pump humming

It has always hummed... At least as long as we have lived here (three years). The pump is 3 wire - control box with the capacitor in the house. I guess I'm not familiar with the type of "high pressure hose" I would plumb in between the pump and the copper. Right now black poly from the well...
  4. kplank

Submersible pump humming

I have a 1 hp Myers Rustler pump set at 40' in a 45' well. Static water is at 19'. 1 inch 60 lb plastic Cycle Stop Valve in the drop pipe. 1 inch poly pipe to the house. Ridged copper throughout the house. Every time the pump runs, there is a fairly pronounced humming sound that gets...
  5. kplank

Did you ever try the citric acid approach to removing the iron sludge from you well screen. I...

Did you ever try the citric acid approach to removing the iron sludge from you well screen. I have the same problem with my well, and was wondering how this turned out for you. I have an open-loop geothermal heat pump and get a lot of the same type of iron sluge in the sediment filter and the...
  6. kplank

In-well Chlorination?

Doesn't injection require a retention tank? Which if the heat pump is drawing 6 GPM, would have to be pretty big? I really didn't think the iron was too bad at 0.1 PPM. Maybe it's just the shear volume of water going though the heat pump though. With all the geothermal units installed...
  7. kplank

In-well Chlorination?

I have a shallow well (40', 1 hp 18 GPM pump set at 30', static water level at 9'). This well supplies my house as well as a 3.5 ton open loop geothermal heat pump. The heat pump draws 6 GPM while running. I have to clean the sediment filter and clear plastic water flow meter regularly as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks