Search results

1. AHutton1972

Cast Iron Stack Leaking

I suppose if using stack clamps on the upper part is too risky I could cut at the bottom and replace the entire upper with PVC all the way through the roof. I'm in a one story and the length of pipe is not that long. Maybe 10 feet or so. I'd rather not do this. I didn't even want to touch...
  2. AHutton1972

Cast Iron Stack Leaking

Thanks for the quick response! I measured the outside dimension of the pipe to be 4 3/8. Thanks for the heads up on the old vs. new dimensions. If I were to rent a snap cutter and cut at the red lines shown would it be feasible to replace that section with PVC? If this is no good where would...
  3. AHutton1972

Cast Iron Stack Leaking

Hi guys. My name is Adam. I am doing a bathroom remodel. I was in the process of removing a lead pipe from the vanity to the cast iron stack. I have noticed a leak. It's in a spot that will probably require removal of part of the stack. I'm looking for some options on what I should do here...
  4. AHutton1972

Replacing Water Main Shutoff and PRV

Thank you for the help! And the PRV recommendation. The plumber was unable to seat his key on the valve because of the debris as hj stated. I didn't make it clear.
  5. AHutton1972

Replacing Water Main Shutoff and PRV

Hi. I live in a 44 year old house and have this problem on my hands: This is where the water enters my house in the basement. I live in an unincorporated county so I own everything from my house to the water main in the street except for the water meter you see here. The water meter is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks