Search results

1. M

DWV Layout Advice Needed

Woops! I just realized that I uploaded the exact same image as I had in the first post. I've now exchanged it with the new design. In this one took out the vent for the toilet and instead vent everything via the wet vent.
  2. M

DWV Layout Advice Needed

I haven't gotten any replies on this forum, so I knew my plan must be pretty out of whack. I went to a local plumbing supply store and talked to a master plumber who gave me a few hints, but wouldn't answer all my questions unless I was ready to drop a lot of money with him (ugh!). I've...
  3. M

Can I cut fittings to get flange to fit?

I only have 2x6" joists where I'm installing my new bathroom, and the 90 degree elbow that the toilet will drain to is more than 6" tall. Without having some space between the top of the fitting and the top of the joist, the flange that I place above the fitting will ultimately sit above the...
  4. M

Plastic Pipe Insulators / Brackets thru Studs for Copper Pipe -- When Required?

I'm not an expert, but my understanding is those brackets are just used to limit vibrations in areas where there are fast acting valves (like near a washing machine), or where the pipe runs through studs/joists and vibration can occur. Just use your discretion. If you think the pipe has a...
  5. M

DWV Layout Advice Needed

Can I vent soil stack from the side instead of the top? I am working on adding a bathroom to the second floor of my home. One problem I've encountered is that there isn't a wall that runs all the way up from the basement to the roof. Instead, there is a 15" jog from the top of the first floor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks