Search results

1. rookws

Help Program Cole and Massey

Very true. With said then I will go w/the recommended settings you have stated before of: Backwash: 10 min Brine/slow rinse: 45 minutes Fast rinse: 3 minutes Brine fill: 3 minutes (assumes salt dose of 4.5 lbs, capacity of 15K, and BLFC of 0.5 gpm) Then I will make adjustments accordingly to...
  2. rookws

I have no idea what to think which is why I'm asking. These settings are pre-existing. I haven't touched a thing. I just recently learned how to access these settings and some formulas you all gave me. So I'm trying to combine all the information you given and set up this water softener...
  3. rookws

So here are my current settings: Capacity: 19 (base off of 24k max cap. X 80%)...I guess. Backwash: 8 minutes Brine Draw/Slow Rinse: 50 minutes Rapid Rinse: 4 minutes Brine Tank Fill: 4 minutes Are these settings acceptable or is there a better option?
  4. rookws

My brine tank can easily hold 80lbs of salt so would it be ok to put in 40lbs and set the brine refill to 27 minutes (40/3/.5)? Also as far as the backwash and rapid rinse goes will 10 minutes each be ok?
  5. rookws

Well it's kind of sad to hear that I don't have the greatest water softener setup but it's what I got and w/all of your help I will set it up the best that I can.
  6. rookws

Actually it is 8". I remeasured and the resin tank is 44" tall and has a 8" diameter.
  7. rookws

Of course...the diameter is 9". Sorry about that.
  8. rookws

Aw, a Fleck 6600...good to know. Here are my results: Iron: 0 Hardness: 25 grains or 425 ppm (I would say it's a smidge on the lighter side of 25 grains but definitely more than 15 grains) I just realize my test packet didn't include a pH test. NOTE: The resin tank measurements are...
  9. rookws

I have uploaded a couple of picks of the head unit. We are on well water and there are only two adults in the house. I won't be able to test the water until tonight so hopefully I'll have the results to you by tomorrow.
  10. rookws

Thanks for the response. I will gather the information as soon as I can and then update you.
  11. rookws

I apologize in advance if this info is already out there but I can't find it and that is why I'm here. Like many others I recently purchased a house and I quickly realized I know nothing about water softeners. But this is what I do know: I have a Cole and Massey water softener that has a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks