Search results

1. DIYERFROMVA

Question re: IPC drain vent requirement

Thanks, Wayne. Looks like we'll have some fun when the inspector shows up and says "no can do". I'll try to get the plumber to change it beforehand. JP
  2. DIYERFROMVA

Thanks. Yes, the drain is only for the water closet and the shower. The lav drains directly into the stack as it is about a foot away. So it sounds like the 3" line the shower is connected to needs to be re-routed so that the distance from the shower trap to the vent is 8 feet or less. the fact...
  3. DIYERFROMVA

I live in Virginia, which uses the IPC plumbing code. We're in the process of remodeling a bathroom and the plumbers just completed the drain install. The distance from the toilet flange to the vent is approximately 16 feet and is 3" PVC. The 2" shower trap connects to the same 3" line via a...
  4. DIYERFROMVA

Shower and toilet vent question

Thanks, Wayne! I take it that the vent cannot go horizontal at all (at least in this immediate area) - do I have that right? If so, when I roll the combo 45 off vertical, is 45 the max or can I roll it another 15 degrees off vertical (basically 30 degrees above horizontal) so that I can get it...
  5. DIYERFROMVA

Thanks. I can't vent through the other walls for several reasons. First, I'm trying to to tie into venting that is inside the wall on the right side of the diagram, which conveniently is 2x6 framing. Second, going through the other walls would require getting the vent back over to the wall to...
  6. DIYERFROMVA

The trap line from the shower is running horizontal to the 3" line that goes from the Toilet to the vertical main (main is not in picture). Since both the toilet line and the shower lines are running horizontally below floor joists and I only have one wall I can run a vent in (the one to the...
  7. DIYERFROMVA

Thanks for your time and advice. Is this what you are suggesting?
  8. DIYERFROMVA

Oh I think my diagram is confusing. The diagram is a top down looking view and the drain lines are running horizontal underneath floor joists. Is that how you are looking at it?
  9. DIYERFROMVA

Thanks. If I add a wye to the 2" trap line from the shower to the 3" line, will that also be compliant for venting the toilet, or should I also run a vertical 3x3x2 wye under the toilet flange and 2" PVC up the wall?
  10. DIYERFROMVA

I'm working on remodeling our bathroom which involves relocation of shower and toilet drains and vents. I'm wondering if it is permissible to vent the shower and the toilet with a wye fitting just before I connect the shower to the toilet drain line with a wye fitting. I can only vent. using the...
  11. DIYERFROMVA

Moen 1225 Cartridge Replacement - Tips Please

Thanks. Any tricks to using the tool? I just picked up the Danco version from H Depot. The instructions say that I should thread the screw into the cartridge and pull the cartridge out. Something tells me that it isn't going to be that easy and that I should use an adjustable wrench to rotate...
  12. DIYERFROMVA

Moen 1225 Cartridge Replacement - Tips Please

Just about to replace a Moen 1225 brass cartridge with a plastic one. From what I gather, they can be tough to remove without the removal tool. Questions for the pros out there. Should I buy the tool before attempting to remove the old one? Is the tool made by Danco sufficient, or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks