Search results

1. MTcummins

Clicking/rattling sound when well runs

Yeah, it was def worn and needed to be replaced. I'll look for a localized check valve. I thought most of the time they were only at the pump? I'm doing a Well x trol 20 gal for the new tank. Its currently running on one 20 gal Jaccuzzi aqua pod, so have to be making a big improvement. Its...
  2. MTcummins

Its a submersible, but don't know the model/flow rate/etc. Its in Asheville NC, btw
  3. MTcummins

I've looked around a bit, and seen some instances of rapid cycling, etc, but what I'm seeing seems a bit different from most of what I've seen elsewhere. I bought a vacation/rental house with a well. Its my first well, so I'm learning a lot about how they work, etc. Planning to redo some...
  4. MTcummins

Drain Water Heat Recovery system design

Yeah, I have home runs to every fixture (just about), so allows a lot of flexibility like that. For example, one of my down the road ambitions is to do some rainwater harvesting for things like toilets etc that don't need to be cleaned to full potable spec... will not be that hard to pull those...
  5. MTcummins

Dana said it right. Its a very viable way to do the piping for my system - simple and efficient as far as piping and day to day operation (no messing with valves to change seasons, etc) goes, but sacrifices some of the other benefits I'm targeting for that simple piping and hands off nature...
  6. MTcummins

I couldn't link the actual search results, but here's the search page... http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/pml-lmp/index.cfm?action=app.search-recherche&appliance=DWHR Using parameters 3-4" width and 32-42" length, I get the results mentioned above. Maybe the search is pulling data incorrectly or...
  7. MTcummins

One other question... not sure if I'm missing something, but it seems like EcoDrain's V1000 (previous generation, I assume) efficiency ratings are higher than the VT1000. According to http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/ and my search range of 3-4" diameter, 32-42" length, the 2 highest efficiencies are the...
  8. MTcummins

Hi Dana, thanks for the reply. The winter mode would have straight cold water from the city going to the DWHR. Summer mode would have the water go through the floors before it gets to the DWHR unit, but no heating will be going on, so it will just be slightly pre-heated from whatever is...
  9. MTcummins

Normally, this would be pretty simple, but my system is not that simple, so here goes. I have an open radiant floor heat system, so its combined with my DHW. Yes, I'm well aware of everyone's concerns about legionaires, etc, and have addressed them all with redundancy in both temperature and...
  10. MTcummins

Power Vent Water Heater Exhaust Question

Found the manual near the heater, but it had nothing about pitch of vent pipe (go figure). Looked up what I believe to be the same manual online, and it says it can slope 1/4"/foot up or down. Doesn't seem to have any water collection/drainage system, so I would think that down is better...
  11. MTcummins

Ok, didn't realize they made them both ways. My own home has a commercial condensing WH with power vent, it collects all the condensation, has drains, etc. It's used for both DHW and radiant floors. I don't recall seeing a drain on this model, so maybe it is supposed to be sloped outward in...
  12. MTcummins

Ok, will have to look and see if they left it for me or not, or find it online. I haven't really looked into this much yet, just been one of those nagging back burner problems that needs to be addressed soon. Thanks Jim. I wasn't aware that they ever spec'd them to slope out, that would be...
  13. MTcummins

Hi all, I have a power vent tank in an investment property, with a 3" PVC vent that turns horizontal immediately off the top of the blower and goes to the side wall, not sure exact distance, but around 15 feet or so. It has a pretty significant amount of pitch up towards the wall...
  14. MTcummins

3-way, dual timer switch wiring

Managed to get one to cover the whole area pretty well, wasn't sure if it would or not, but it did. The back door trips sensor when it opens, and lights come on as you step down onto the first step. Anyone know if there's some paint color, or something I could attach to a door, or anything...
  15. MTcummins

Thanks guys for the input. I'm with Jim on this one - I believe my suggested setup, which was as Jim described, would meet code b/c the ONLY possible effect of the timers was to turn on the lights earlier than the occupancy sensor, or keep it on longer than the occupancy sensor. To just make a...
  16. MTcummins

Sorry JW, if I seem stubborn, or like I just don't want to listen. Its not that I just want to do whatever I want to do regardless of the code, its that I don't generally like to just take someone's word for it - I want to be SHOWN why. I still haven't seen anything that shows me that the code...
  17. MTcummins

Ok, so whether JW decides to respond or not, let me see if I have this straight. If I put an occupancy sensor on the stairs with NO switches, the exception allows for this b/c they're automatically controlled and the switches aren't required due to the exception to A)(2)(a,b,c). If I use...
  18. MTcummins

How about we treat people with civility instead of acting like an ass. Its really quite unnecessary, and makes people not want to take your advice, even though you obviously have a lot of knowledge on the subject. Anyway... I said earlier that adding an occupancy sensor was a good idea. In...
  19. MTcummins

Either there's something you know that isn't quoted in this excerpt of the code, or you just verified for me that what I'm saying is legal. Exception 2 to the Habitable rooms part explains that habitable rooms must have both switches and automatic controls if automatic controls are used...
  20. MTcummins

So am I having a fundamental misunderstanding of the code? I have to provide wall switched lighting to all habitable rooms (not the case for any of this lighting area), and the required lighting in all hallways, stairways, and outdoor entrances can be remote, automatic, or central. I've...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks