Search results

1. weaverinva

Qwest PB repiping question

I see what ProPEX tool and connectors are and the Uponor ProPEX system. Again are crimp rings that inferior to the ProPEX expansion connectors? I have pressure regulators on all the inbound lines.
  2. weaverinva

Thank you very much...Hmm expansion tool. My local guy likes to use the crimp rings. I just saw a video at on the different connector systems. In you experience, is one of the connector systems better than others? And what type of alloy/metal/plastic is the best? Do you favor Uponor or...
  3. weaverinva

Thank you hj and fullysprinklered. Fast and cost effective is important but what about longevity? If you were doing this on a 30 year old property that was your own would you use PEX. Do you have any idea how long PEX will last? I guess no one knows for sure. Also I see some people wanting...
  4. weaverinva

Hello there, I have an 4 plex apartment building with circa 1984 qwest grey polybutylene piping in it. I have had 2 leaks in the last 2 years and many more minor ones in the past. Of course I changed out the piping around the hot water heaters to PEX long ago. However with the age of the...
  5. weaverinva

Rusty Delta Kitchen Faucet Repair--Help anyone?

Yes, we are both talking about the same reinforeced supply line with stainless braiding around it and 1/2" on both ends. I am glad to know you think its okay. I have done this before on copper with metal shut off valves but not with this Qest stuff. I wish I didn't have it but such is life...
  6. weaverinva

I'm sorry plumber1. Here is the exact faucet I put in. http://www.deltafaucet.com/media/Product_Tech_Docs/Parts_Diagram/Models_100_110_400_59fd.pdf A series 400 with the screw connectors. I then got a flex supply line (1/2" I think) with the exact same connectors on both ends. Attached...
  7. weaverinva

Excellent comments plumber1. That is the way to get some life out of stuff. I may do that on some of my Deltas here at the house. Thank you hj. Progress. I got the replacement. Decide to buy from Lowes instead of a plumbing distributor. All the replacements have plastic threaded...
  8. weaverinva

plumber1 and hj, Thank you, thank you for the responses. I always wondered why some rusted and other did not as much. I thought it might be the water. Plumber's putty; I will check it out. Is it easy to remove for another future replacement in 20 years? Would a person use the putty...
  9. weaverinva

hj and master mark, Thank you for the comments. Your right; it likely has been leaking for some time. Sooo everyone else has these problems too. This is only my 2nd replacement on this kind of faucet. A year ago I used a sawzall and cut the bolts from the bottom. Then replaced it...
  10. weaverinva

You've got me smiling Terry, This is a great board! Thank you for your reply. Quite honestly, the faucet works amazingly well. A year or two ago I did a full washer rebuild including the 2 larger o rings and the internal washers where the hot and cold go in. I have sawzalled off...
  11. weaverinva

Hi all, I have a 21 year old delta sindle handle and a side sprayer. Underneath the faucet, the 2 screws which hold the faucet and the nut and washer are significantly rusted. So much so that the metal washers have disintegrated and now the faucet is very loose. I could probaly lift it out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks